Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where did the month of November go?

I seriously cannot believe that it's only a week until Thanksgiving, and just over a month until Christmas! HOLY COW!!!!!

The boys are doing gymnastics at Tumbletime on Friday mornings until next spring. I like to have a guaranteed time each week for them to run all of their energy out since most days are too cold to want to go outside and do that! This is Zach's first time, and he loves his 'nastics'. This is Lucas' 3rd season with Tumbletime. He really likes Miss Shania, so he was disappointed that brother's class gets her, and he has a new teacher Miss Jenn. He is really doing awesome. He has some pretty rowdy girls in his class, that don't pay attention and do what they should. But he's been doing great with the listening thing, and his beam and bar skills are improving greatly. I ask him each time what his favorite thing was, and it's always the same answer...I liked all of it mom!

The daycare that the boys are going to just got a new program started and it's amazing how much they are learning. It's like preschool, only I don't have to pay extra for it! And it makes me feel better about not having Lucas in preschool yet. He misses the cutoff by 4 days, so he'll be almost 6 before he starts kindergarten, so Casey and I didn't feel it necessary to have him in preschool forever. But it's one of those, everybody else is doing it kind of things, so I feel guilty every now and again, and wonder if I'm cheating him out of something. But now that his 'playschool' has stepped up their daycare program (even if it is only 1 day each week that he goes), I'm loving it!

I'm in full swing with the Christmas card preparations! Those of you who know me well, know how much I look forward to this every year! I'm really excited that I'm on facebook because I've connected with several of Casey's cousins that all live back east, and so I've got new names on the list this year!!!! They are all such sweet people, and I'm glad that I've had the chance to get to know them a little better. We're going to try our best to make it to Illinois in July for the family reunion, and I can't wait to meet several that I haven't previously met...and for everyone to get to meet my boys. The last time we went was the summer that I was pregnant with Lucas...I can hardly wait!!!!!!

I took Zach to the doctor on Monday because his cough was getting worse instead of better...and I was desperate for something to STOP the cough after a sleepless Sunday night. The doc said that he not only had bronchitis and a left ear infection, but he also has reactive airway disease. So we got the pleasure of doing a breathing treatment with him for a couple of days. He thought it was great fun at first, but he's since decided that it isn't for him, and he 'don't want to' do it anymore! I hope that it's just related to the swine flu and bronchitis that he's had, and not something more long term, which doc said is a possibility!

We had a football party here on Saturday for the big rivalry game between the BJC broncos, and the Vandals. The Vandals starting QB, Enderle, was injured and thus didn't play. And the lousy 2nd string QB threw at least 4 interceptions (there may have been more, but the game sucked so I quit counting, and watching). And evidently the Vandals, after such a great winning streak coming into this game, forgot to bring their defense with them. Terrible game. But it was fun to have everyone over for pizza, beer and good times! I couldn't believe it though, nobody wanted a repeat of the Superbowl halftime Guitar Hero show!

Jessie and Lynn gave us our Christmas present today. They had the guys from Concrete Raisers of Idaho come over and fix the huge gaps in the driveway and sidewalk. It was interesting to see how they pump the concrete under the existing slab to raise it up. Quite time consuming, but oh so belisimo! Now we just need to get a downspout extender to hopefully prevent the same thing from happening again across the sidewalk.

Anyways, the kid is requesting a beverage for his movie while Zach is napping...and I hear the Christmas cards calling my name. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment