Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another pound bites the dust!

As I have previously mentioned...I'm really serious about losing those last several pounds of 'baby weight' this year. And I'm happy to report that I'm still sticking to my guns, and I've lost 6.8 pounds in 3 weeks!!! Most of the credit goes to my bodybugg...the whole calories in, calories out concept has turned me into an obsessed calorie nazi! : ) But I've also started eating healthier, and even started drinking more water! (The only other time that I've been able to tolerate drinking boring ol' water was with each pregnancy!) I detest how boring water is, and don't want to add even more artifical sweeteners to rev it up, so I'm starting slow, and working my way up. Still haven't managed to bring down the amount of Cherry Coke Zero...but there is always hope!

I decided that it would make life easier if I also started getting some exercise on a regular basis (both to lose the weight, and then to maintain it once I reach my goal). I checked out the selection of work out videos on Netflix...determined to find one that I like before I actually spend the money to buy it. I chose Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, because I LOVE Jillian and her no excuses attitude about weight loss. I tried it last Friday for the first time...it was a 20 minute trip through hell, and I was quite sure that I was going to die before the 20 minutes was up! I was sweating so badly that I had to take a shower afterwards, and my arms hurt so bad that I had a hard time washing my hair! That's how out of shape I am!!!!! I could barely walk all weekend long, and my dear husband laughed at me everytime he witnessed my old lady butt walking up or down the stairs...my quads were seriously the sorest they have ever been (it even hurt to let my kids sit on my lap with their bony little butts)! However, I perservered, and even started another work out program (that I'm much more likely to stick with).

I decided that since I have a limited amount of time to work out, I needed to get the most bang for my buck...thus the idea of running came into my mind. However, NEVER have been a runner, and the thought of it scares me...REALLY scares me. I have a friend in Portland that I've reconnected with on Facebook, and she did this Couch to 5k training program, with much success and really liked it. So I figured I'd give it a try...downloaded the program to my iphone... and I've almost finished the first week, and it was way worse in my head than what it is in reality!!!! I really think I can do this running thing! And to keep me even more on track with it, I'm going to go get fitted for some running shoes (because we all know how cheap my hubby is, and how mad he'll be at me if I buy expensive shoes and then quit doing the program), what better motivator is there than a new pair of shoes! : )

Enough about me...the boys are also obsessed with something new...Super Mario Brothers Wii. I was informed this morning that they are now known as the Bowser brothers...how cute is that?!? Lucas is Dry Bowser, and Zach is Bowser Jr...pretty fitting I'd say! Last night Casey managed to save the princess and finish world 8! The boys were beyond excited with his accomplishment, and can hardly wait to see what is in the secret world 9 that he has unlocked!

I was reading my Family Fun magazine again yesterday. And this month they've provided me with yet another great idea! Whenever the boys say something cute and I tell someone, they always ask if I'm writing this down...and while it sounds like a good idea, I've never really known how to go about it. The family in this article has index cards with the date on them, one for each day of the year. Then at dinner time they all contribute something to the card about their day...and since sharing stories about our day is what the family dinnertime is all about...I'm going to try this out, starting tonight! You can put the cards in a card box, and save them for years to come. What an interesting way to keep track of the little things that made you smile or laugh from day to day!

We finally have a nice, sunny day! So after the dreaded nap time we're off to the park! It's a good thing for both of us...the boys LOVE playing outside, and mom can always use the exercise! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment