Zach has done it! He has become a big boy...it's been 2 weeks as of tomorrow, that he's been using the potty! While we were near completion with potty training with Lucas by this point, we're still taking baby steps with Zach...slowly but surely, he's getting there! It was pretty cute the first time though...it was 100% his idea! He told me that he wanted to go potty, and then that he wanted to make bubbles like Lucas...and voila...he did! For weeks now I've been asking him what he wants when he starts going potty in the toilet, and the answer is ALWAYS the same...Lollipop store! So he told the bubbles to come out, and as soon as they did, he asked me, 'mommy, you drive lollipop store now?' I said heck yeah, get your shoes, dinner can wait! : ) The next day we went to Target and bought the poop in the potty reward, the new Ice Age DVD. That Sunday, he pooped in the potty and got to watch his movie as a reward! It's funny how each child is sooooo different both in this process, and in what motivates them to do it! With Lucas, he was dry thru the day and night with virtually no accidents, right away. But he was reluctant to poop in the potty. Zach still has accidents, but wasn't really reluctant to poop in the potty...and thinks it's soooo cool to flush (the noise doesn't bother him in the least, whereas it totally bothered Lucas). Lucas was motivated by stickers and Thomas trains (expensive rewards) and Zach is motivated by food, movies and Super Mario Brothers!! At any rate, I'll take it and run with it! I can't wait for the day when I'm done with diapers for good! : )
I'm still kicking butt with my weight loss program. It's been 7 weeks tomorrow, and I'm down 11 pounds and 7 inches! : ) I'm fitting into clothes that I haven't even looked at since before we got married!!!!! Week 5 of the Couch to 5k is quite the challenge though! On Monday I seriously thought that the opening should have said, Welcome to Couch to 5k, week 5...today we'll take you on a run thru hell. No, you won't die...you'll just wish that you had. Today wasn't any better, it increased my 5 minute intervals up to 8 minute intervals. Might not seem like much to those who run...but it was HUGE for my pansy, non-runner's butt! : ) Thanks to the Black Eyed Peas and Lady Gaga, I was able to push thru the mental block, and continue to run! Can hardly wait to see what next week will bring (and that my friends, is HEAVILY laced with sarcasm).
I've managed to survive the weekly allergy shots...what a time consuming pain that has been. However, I'm proud to report that I've graduated from weekly, to every other week...for another grueling 6 months! I've only had one REALLY bad reaction...but those lumps sure do hurt lately! I'm just hopeful that with spring right around the corner I'll have a good ride thru allergy season.
Speaking of spring...my crocuses are already blooming! : ) However, it was trying to snow here this morning...didn't stick, thankfully! And I'm in the midst of spring cleaning the house. I see little fixer upper projects everywhere when I do this though, and it always sidetracks me! I'm trying to stay on track...and trying to remind myself why I thought I needed 3000 sq ft of house.
Anyways, time to get the munchkin up from his nap...until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment