So an entire summer managed to escape from me, with just a single blog post. Not sure how that happened...might have something to do with having 2 young boys and a hubby with a new job! At any rate, I had a fabulous summer, and am hoping to pick up the home business pace a bit with both boys in school this year! Zach is just half day in Kindergarten, while Lucas is full day in First Grade. We survived the first week of school, and a routine is beginning to emerge, however, the 3 day weekend threw it off a bit, so there's more hope for next week (if soccer practice doesn't kill me first)!!
For August's workshops I completed the Avonlea Card Workshop on the Go kit. I couldn't leave it at that, so I made good use of the scraps and created a few extra cards, and a 2 page layout (using the new Make it from your Heart sketch book). Here is what the layout looks like:
I figure the extra cards and extra layout made it an even more affordable kit to purchase.
I also made a menu for my refrigerator. I fell in love with the cover of the Make it from your Heart book. And figured out how they created the background, and turned it into my menu. I also fell in love with a color scheme from another layout in the MIFYH book, and combined the two for this:
Sweet leaf, chocoate, desert sand and colonial white cardstock. I used my favorite Liquid Glass to attach magnets to the back of some bottle caps I found at Craft Warehouse (yes, I know....gasp, contraband). A little faux stitching, and some menu items and voila! I attached it straight to the fridge, but one of my gals suggested putting it in a page protector and trimming off the left edge to keep it fresh. And I suggested placing it in a shadow box, putting a 12x12 metal sheet behind it and hanging it on the wall. Whatever floats your boat...
I've just finished up the 12 page Scholastic workshop for my September workshop. I'll be back to share that soon, hopefully!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment