I read on someone's blog, or on Facebook somewhere, that we tend to focus our scrapbooking efforts on our children, our family, and events in our life, rather than telling a story about ourselves. I decided that I needed to be able to scrapbook something about me that would be fun, many years from now to look back at, and that my kids could look back and likely laugh at as well. So I came up with the idea of an album called '10 Things About Me'. And not only did I have a stamp set to facilitate this glorious idea, Tresa Black at www.fabulouslyartsy.com designed a GORGEOUS 10 page workshop. She set up a mini kit for fellow consultants to purchase, and of course, I did! And I am sooooo glad I did. In a few short hours 10 pages can be cranked out, embellishments and all, thanks to her amazing design skills, and her hard work to produce a guide to go along with that. She did her guide with the Footloose paper, which is right up there among my favorites in this idea book. I used Stella for my workshop. It's great because it's 10 pages from just one paper pack (plus extra cardstock for mats and page bases), and with a few coordinating embellishments you've got either one album completed, or you can break up the pages and still have several photos knocked out. With the Stella pack, you could do the same theme as me, or 10 things I love about you (girl centered), or My 10 favorite things about 'x' (ie spring, a certain year in school, a certain place, or a vacation), or I have a friend wanting to use it for a baby album for her friend. The Stella paper is very versatile that way.
While I was originally going to offer this workshop in May, it will be postponed a month, due to my father being in Intensive Care, and not knowing how long this will last. Had I been able to finish with the beach version (Footloose) and the boy version (Victory), I may have tried to pull off a workshop this month, but alas, I am the queen of procrastination, so it's in a holding pattern like everything else in my life right now. Sorry ladies, it will be worth the wait though, I promise!
I have already posted the teaser front page of the album on Facebook, but for the few of you that are not on Facebook, I will share it and a few more now! Enjoy, and as I get them finished up, I'll post pics from the other versions as well!
The front page, and the back page...or it could be side by side in the album.
I added the Paradise Assortment of baker's twine, antiqued copper brads, the mocha assortment of pearls and many Paradise Paper flowers.
I hope you like them! It was fun to put together some girly pages...love using flowers and pearls every now and again! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment