It is with a truly heavy heart that I tell you all of my father's passing this past Friday. Just one short week before Mother's Day, and I find myself parentless at only 38 years young. Mother's day has been bitersweet for the past 12 years, since my mother passed away, but now both Mother's day AND Father's day will be this way. Those who know me well know that I love any excuse to have a party and celebrate, but it's so hard to celebrate with my boys, and no longer able to celebrate with either parent more than just in spirit. I made some Mother's day cards for the consignment shop, but have avoided making any more. And I'm supposed to be making some for Father's day, but don't know if I can find the courage to do it just yet. Time does heal, but I'm not sure it will be soon enough for this Father's day. We'll see...
I did manage to feel a crafty urge last night, and after inspiration from fellow consultants on a Facebook Eye Candy group, I made a post it note holder for the boys' teachers. I used up a bit of my Magic Moments stash, my April SOTM (You Are), and of course, my CTMH AP Cricut cartridge. And this is what I came up with, for Teacher Appreciation week. It's not much, but hopefully just enough to say Thank you. (Speaking of which, I'll need to be coming up with a bunch of thank you cards because of the enormous generosity of my friends and family during this difficult time).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment