Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's official!

My friend, Leslie, is co-owner of a consignment shop in Nampa...Revamp Consignments, and they have asked me to start making and selling cards in their shop!  I took out some Easter cards and a few birthday cards, both masculine and feminine earlier today.  What a cute shop they have!  I hope this turns into something wonderful for both of us! ; )  Time will tell!!

I made the Easter cards with the My Peeps stamp set, and pretty much copied the one in the Spring/Summer Idea Book...my favorite stamp set in this book, so I know you're shocked that I took the opportunity to use it again!

For the birthday cards, I was inspired by a flower and sketch from a fellow consultant, Melissa McDaniel, you can see her beautiful card at melissamcdaniel-scraps.blogspot.com.  For the masculine version I was inspired by another consultant, Susie Rostad, you can see her amazing card at susierostad.blogspot.com.  I was on the lookout for some paper for both, and stumbled upon a paper stack that I bought at least 5 years ago, and mind you, thought I couldn't live without!  It was perfect for these cards.  The cardstock is CTMH smokey plum and smoothie for the feminine birthday cards, dutch blue and kraft for the masculine cards.  Instead of using milepost shapes on the masculine cards I decided to use the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to make the shapes.  The flowers on the feminine cards are also cut from the Art Philosophy Cartridge...another favorite of mine (that pretty much lives in my Cricut)!  I used the Card Chatter-Birthday stamp set for the sentiments on all the birthday cards.  The inside of the smokey plum birthday card says 'and many, many more'.  The inside of the smoothie card says 'but not your age'.  The inside of the masculine cards all say 'and many, many more'.  I was able to whip up a batch in no time at all, and use up some of my stash.  I really like how they turned out, even though I feel like a traitor for not using all CTMH stuff (like I normally do)!!!!



If you like the cards, or are into consignment stores, you should go check it out.  Revamp, 1016 12th Ave S, Nampa, ID.  They are closed Sun and Monday, open Tue-Sat 10-5.  Any questions, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment