Can you feel it? We had a beautiful 64 degree, mostly sunny day yesterday, albeit a little on the windy side...and we wake up to freezing cold, with snow, hail and rain all in one day's time! Must live in Idaho! Could not seriously believe that those darn weather guys got it right for once!
Monday was an awesome Valentine's Day! Started the day off right with a little retail therapy at Kohl's...had to have a new tank top that will hopefully glow in the black lights Saturday night at Black Light Zumba! Then I was off to a massage with Maire! Found out that the reason I felt like I couldn't breathe on Sunday when I was trying to run was likely a combination of the increased weight on my chest, that I'm not yet used to, and the fact that all the muscles/tendons and such are super tight in my chest/diaphragm area. Glad it wasn't all in my head, and I'm hopeful that having her massage the area not only helped release some of that tension, but that it will get the lymph system working well again. She also worked on my tightness/soreness in my armpits where the incisions are, particularly my right armpit, to help improve my range of motion with that arm. It was truly heavenly!
Stopped off at the liquor store to buy some banana liquer for the Banana's foster white chocolate fondue that I was making for dessert. HP ruined lunch out with the hubby, by not only scheduling a meeting from 11-noon, but running way late, with him not arriving home until 12:45!!! Oh well, at least we got to enjoy a lunch without interruptions from the kiddos! ; )
Dan came over and cleaned the carpets, and sucked out the dryer vent! I made the brownies, got the Valentine's packages ready for Casey and the boys, got the crock pot chicken enchiladas going, and got the slurry for the fondue prepped. Then I changed into the zumba wear, and off to Target for a few last minute items, changed cars with Casey, and got to enjoy an hour of ZUMBA! I was so happy, for my Crystal was there for the last half! I'm really liking Loretta too! She's easy to follow, just not as high energy as Crystal!
Home to a house that smelled wonderful from the crockpot creation! We opened our valentine's gifts! The boys loved their new shirts, games for their Mobi and Tag systems, and their new Lightning McQueen coloring books & markers. Casey got a pair of Family Guy boxers, a CTMH photo album that I'm using to store all of his cigar bands and his beer bottle labels that he likes to keep, and a Star Wars t shirt. I got some new fuzzy socks (he must've been feeling guilty for leaving my awesome purple pair behind in Salt Lake), and an awesome new set of jammies from Pajama Gram (the hubby doesn't like to shop in the actual store, he'd rather do it online...which is a-ok with me). Broke out the fondue pot and warmed up the fondue slurry and chocolate...didn't let it heat up enough to cook the alcohol off at first...good thing the boys didn't eat much of it! Lucas claimed that it was super duper yummy for his bananas and marshmallows. Zach said his tummy hurt, so he only had a couple of bananas and brownie bites before he was done. Which left Casey and I to finish it off! It may not have been as good as what we'd had a couple weeks ago at the Melting Pot...but it was delish!!!!!
We finished off the final season of 24! I can't believe it's over for good now!!!! There are rumors that they're going to do a movie, but nothing for sure. I wish they'd just miraculously start it up again...sigh!!! Why is it that once you find a show that you really like, they get rid of it? Lost and 24 are just two of my examples.
Tuesday, the boys got to go hang out with Grandma and Grandpa for a couple of hours. I got to have my allergy shots, make a Costco run, and have lunch out with the hubby (haha HP, you didn't foil us 2 days in a row) before picking them up. Yesterday was a pretty low key kind of day though!
Today brought preschool, and Zach wanting to come right home and play Super Mario Brothers while Lucas was at school! In between 2 loads of laundry we managed some time to play. Zach told me that I rule the world! Funny kid! He was so stinking excited that I was able to help him play through a level though, I was waiting for him to pee his pants! : ) I must admit, I was impressed with my Mario skills too!!!
I was a multi tasking fool this afternoon....posting pics to the boys' webpages, laundry, cleaning up my gigantic mess of crap in the office, so that Casey can actually tell there is a desk in there again! I feel guilty though, the pics I posted were from December...so pathetic I tell you what! I've just been so busy since the surgery between work, scrapbook business and the usual daily grind that stuff like that keeps getting pushed aside. The wheels are really a turning in my head about all of that...we shall see what the coming weeks bring, but more than likely I'm going to keep my consultant status active, just for the discount, rather than for the profit! I cannot seriously tell you the last time that I had time to scrap that was just for me, for my own personal use! Doesn't happen anymore! I totally didn't realize all of the time and effort, let alone cost, that went into getting stuff ready for the workshops, creating new things, sending out newsletters, updating the CTMH website, etc, etc, etc.... I'm really sad to say it, but I really think I gave it a good run, but I'd rather be the attendee at the workshops and just hang with the girls again, than be the one doing all the behind the scenes stuff and teaching the workshops. I feel like I'm letting everyone down (especially my regulars), but hopeful that they'll understand. I'm now in the stage where I'm debating between making a big announcement, or just letting things sort of fizzle out. Thus, change is in the air for more than one reason today!
We bought a new cookbook while we were in Salt Lake, it's a Rachel Ray book, called something like Look + Cook. It's got big pictures with every recipe, and that's totally how Casey and I decide to try something new is based upon a picture. We tried the Cobb Pasta Toss tonight...out of this world AWESOME!!!! Case isn't real good about telling me what he thinks about new stuff, I think he's afraid he'll hurt my feelings, when really he won't! But if he asks me to make something again, or if he has more than one helping of something then I can rest, assured that he likes it. Tonight's dish was a 2 helping kind of dish! And oh so filling!!! He even requested that I keep the leftovers for lunches the rest of this week!! WIN, WIN for both of us!
Anyways, no pic again today....just too much going on to slow down and grab the camera! Until tomorrow!
Monday was an awesome Valentine's Day! Started the day off right with a little retail therapy at Kohl's...had to have a new tank top that will hopefully glow in the black lights Saturday night at Black Light Zumba! Then I was off to a massage with Maire! Found out that the reason I felt like I couldn't breathe on Sunday when I was trying to run was likely a combination of the increased weight on my chest, that I'm not yet used to, and the fact that all the muscles/tendons and such are super tight in my chest/diaphragm area. Glad it wasn't all in my head, and I'm hopeful that having her massage the area not only helped release some of that tension, but that it will get the lymph system working well again. She also worked on my tightness/soreness in my armpits where the incisions are, particularly my right armpit, to help improve my range of motion with that arm. It was truly heavenly!
Stopped off at the liquor store to buy some banana liquer for the Banana's foster white chocolate fondue that I was making for dessert. HP ruined lunch out with the hubby, by not only scheduling a meeting from 11-noon, but running way late, with him not arriving home until 12:45!!! Oh well, at least we got to enjoy a lunch without interruptions from the kiddos! ; )
Dan came over and cleaned the carpets, and sucked out the dryer vent! I made the brownies, got the Valentine's packages ready for Casey and the boys, got the crock pot chicken enchiladas going, and got the slurry for the fondue prepped. Then I changed into the zumba wear, and off to Target for a few last minute items, changed cars with Casey, and got to enjoy an hour of ZUMBA! I was so happy, for my Crystal was there for the last half! I'm really liking Loretta too! She's easy to follow, just not as high energy as Crystal!
Home to a house that smelled wonderful from the crockpot creation! We opened our valentine's gifts! The boys loved their new shirts, games for their Mobi and Tag systems, and their new Lightning McQueen coloring books & markers. Casey got a pair of Family Guy boxers, a CTMH photo album that I'm using to store all of his cigar bands and his beer bottle labels that he likes to keep, and a Star Wars t shirt. I got some new fuzzy socks (he must've been feeling guilty for leaving my awesome purple pair behind in Salt Lake), and an awesome new set of jammies from Pajama Gram (the hubby doesn't like to shop in the actual store, he'd rather do it online...which is a-ok with me). Broke out the fondue pot and warmed up the fondue slurry and chocolate...didn't let it heat up enough to cook the alcohol off at first...good thing the boys didn't eat much of it! Lucas claimed that it was super duper yummy for his bananas and marshmallows. Zach said his tummy hurt, so he only had a couple of bananas and brownie bites before he was done. Which left Casey and I to finish it off! It may not have been as good as what we'd had a couple weeks ago at the Melting Pot...but it was delish!!!!!
We finished off the final season of 24! I can't believe it's over for good now!!!! There are rumors that they're going to do a movie, but nothing for sure. I wish they'd just miraculously start it up again...sigh!!! Why is it that once you find a show that you really like, they get rid of it? Lost and 24 are just two of my examples.
Tuesday, the boys got to go hang out with Grandma and Grandpa for a couple of hours. I got to have my allergy shots, make a Costco run, and have lunch out with the hubby (haha HP, you didn't foil us 2 days in a row) before picking them up. Yesterday was a pretty low key kind of day though!
Today brought preschool, and Zach wanting to come right home and play Super Mario Brothers while Lucas was at school! In between 2 loads of laundry we managed some time to play. Zach told me that I rule the world! Funny kid! He was so stinking excited that I was able to help him play through a level though, I was waiting for him to pee his pants! : ) I must admit, I was impressed with my Mario skills too!!!
I was a multi tasking fool this afternoon....posting pics to the boys' webpages, laundry, cleaning up my gigantic mess of crap in the office, so that Casey can actually tell there is a desk in there again! I feel guilty though, the pics I posted were from December...so pathetic I tell you what! I've just been so busy since the surgery between work, scrapbook business and the usual daily grind that stuff like that keeps getting pushed aside. The wheels are really a turning in my head about all of that...we shall see what the coming weeks bring, but more than likely I'm going to keep my consultant status active, just for the discount, rather than for the profit! I cannot seriously tell you the last time that I had time to scrap that was just for me, for my own personal use! Doesn't happen anymore! I totally didn't realize all of the time and effort, let alone cost, that went into getting stuff ready for the workshops, creating new things, sending out newsletters, updating the CTMH website, etc, etc, etc.... I'm really sad to say it, but I really think I gave it a good run, but I'd rather be the attendee at the workshops and just hang with the girls again, than be the one doing all the behind the scenes stuff and teaching the workshops. I feel like I'm letting everyone down (especially my regulars), but hopeful that they'll understand. I'm now in the stage where I'm debating between making a big announcement, or just letting things sort of fizzle out. Thus, change is in the air for more than one reason today!
We bought a new cookbook while we were in Salt Lake, it's a Rachel Ray book, called something like Look + Cook. It's got big pictures with every recipe, and that's totally how Casey and I decide to try something new is based upon a picture. We tried the Cobb Pasta Toss tonight...out of this world AWESOME!!!! Case isn't real good about telling me what he thinks about new stuff, I think he's afraid he'll hurt my feelings, when really he won't! But if he asks me to make something again, or if he has more than one helping of something then I can rest, assured that he likes it. Tonight's dish was a 2 helping kind of dish! And oh so filling!!! He even requested that I keep the leftovers for lunches the rest of this week!! WIN, WIN for both of us!
Anyways, no pic again today....just too much going on to slow down and grab the camera! Until tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment