Started the day off teaching Lucas and Zach about Groundhog day. Zach has no idea what I'm talking about, but is highly amused because it involves a groundhog named Phil. Lucas is just excited for warmer weather so he can play outside all the time, and start going to Uncle Mike's pool again (even though we never made it, not even one single time, last summer). Glad that little fella didn't see his shadow...highly suspicious that it really means spring will show up any faster than last year! ; ) They obviously talked about Groundhog day at preschool today, since Lucas colored, cut out and glued a groundhog together. My pic of the day is of Phil and Lucas! Both are too cute for words!
Cute Lucas moment, number 1 million (at least)...he asks me at breakfast this morning if Papa Ron is really old, or if he just looks that way. I asked why he thinks that Papa looks old and he tells me it's because he's bald! I told him that unfortunately some people lose their hair faster than others, and Papa chooses to shave off what little he has left! And that he is actually one year younger than Grandpa, so no, he isn't really old! ; ) The things that come from the mouths of babes!!!!!
I'm feeling better, it's obvious! The boys are requesting tickle sessions and mom time like crazy these last couple of days! I LOVE to hear their little laughs, especially the ones where they're laughing so hard that no sound is coming out! They are chicken soup for my soul most days!!
Lucas had his teeth cleaning today! NO cavities again, so he got to pick out a treasure from the treasure chest. He really wanted a plastic slinky, but since it 'doesn't really work', he opted for a rubber ball. And of course the sugar free sucker...that is conveniently shaped like a tooth! He cracked me up as he was eating his sucker...he told me that he gave it a 'serious cavity' and that the tooth sucker was going to need a root canal! ; ) The kid is a gigantic sponge, you tell him something once, and he'll never forget it (unless it's some sort of rule, like not to hit or boss his brother)!!! Zach had his whole day made by the fact that he got to be a big boy and go for a ride in the dentist's chair. He had the mirror in his mouth, and found out that he also has 20 teeth...just like his big brother! No cavities for him either, so he got a treasure too. And his first official teeth cleaning is just 6 months away...lord help the hygenist! : )
Another good day in our house! The boys were soooo good today! Mom got lots of stuff done, and I'm now about 90% ready for the party on Friday! I just finished a banner that I decorated for Valentine's day...pretty stinking cute, if I do say so myself!! Ooh, and even though we don't get to do Mystique for our date night Saturday, I made reservations for the Melting Pot today! We were talking tonight at dinner, it's been at least 6 years since we have done that! If only more days could be as good as today...the little things that just make me smile and feel good at the end of the day! Until tomorrow!!
Cute Lucas moment, number 1 million (at least)...he asks me at breakfast this morning if Papa Ron is really old, or if he just looks that way. I asked why he thinks that Papa looks old and he tells me it's because he's bald! I told him that unfortunately some people lose their hair faster than others, and Papa chooses to shave off what little he has left! And that he is actually one year younger than Grandpa, so no, he isn't really old! ; ) The things that come from the mouths of babes!!!!!
I'm feeling better, it's obvious! The boys are requesting tickle sessions and mom time like crazy these last couple of days! I LOVE to hear their little laughs, especially the ones where they're laughing so hard that no sound is coming out! They are chicken soup for my soul most days!!
Lucas had his teeth cleaning today! NO cavities again, so he got to pick out a treasure from the treasure chest. He really wanted a plastic slinky, but since it 'doesn't really work', he opted for a rubber ball. And of course the sugar free sucker...that is conveniently shaped like a tooth! He cracked me up as he was eating his sucker...he told me that he gave it a 'serious cavity' and that the tooth sucker was going to need a root canal! ; ) The kid is a gigantic sponge, you tell him something once, and he'll never forget it (unless it's some sort of rule, like not to hit or boss his brother)!!! Zach had his whole day made by the fact that he got to be a big boy and go for a ride in the dentist's chair. He had the mirror in his mouth, and found out that he also has 20 teeth...just like his big brother! No cavities for him either, so he got a treasure too. And his first official teeth cleaning is just 6 months away...lord help the hygenist! : )
Another good day in our house! The boys were soooo good today! Mom got lots of stuff done, and I'm now about 90% ready for the party on Friday! I just finished a banner that I decorated for Valentine's day...pretty stinking cute, if I do say so myself!! Ooh, and even though we don't get to do Mystique for our date night Saturday, I made reservations for the Melting Pot today! We were talking tonight at dinner, it's been at least 6 years since we have done that! If only more days could be as good as today...the little things that just make me smile and feel good at the end of the day! Until tomorrow!!



No comments:
Post a Comment