Elena and I at her baby shower
The hubster and I at the Melting Pot for date night!
I got to be a big, independent girl this morning! I got to go grocery shopping all by myself again!!! (Well, without adult supervision and assistance!) I haven't been able to lift more than 5 lbs for the past almost 3 weeks, and reaching stuff on the top shelves has been a problem too, so the hubster has had to accompany me to the grocery store several times! But I did it this morning...a gallon of milk, a 12 pack of pop, the 6 pack of Sunny D that they moved to the top shelf...NO PROBLEMO! It did take me several extra trips to unload the groceries from the car, but a little extra calorie burn doesn't hurt either! : )
And after the weekend that I had...out to eat for lunch and dinner on Friday, cake at a baby shower, cake at a birthday party, dinner out at the Melting Pot on Saturday, and Superbowl Sunday...it's a damn good thing that I'm cleared for take off with exercise as of tomorrow!!!!!!! I'm beyond ecstatic!!! I've gained 5 pounds since surgery...mostly in the last week...so it's time to take it off!! I do realize that 2 pounds of that was shoved under my pec muscles, and won't be coming off, but I'd like to take it off elsewhere!! Let the training for the half marathon commence! Woo freaking hoo!!!!
I had an AWESOME weekend, but it was so busy that I haven't had a chance to post about it! Friday was my new catalog celebration! I got all of the projects that I wanted to get done in time for it done...I was proud of my efforts 28 scrapbook pages, and one banner project complete, in less than 2 weeks...all during my postop days of excessive limitations! Thank goodness I could still scrap though! The party was fun, looking forward to the workshops with the girls, and all of the good times this catalog will bring! I need to start my countdown to convention in Disneyland!
Saturday morning was Elena's baby shower! She's sooooo ready for this to be done and over with, and for her sake and how miserable that little Lexi has made her, I hope Lexi makes her grand entrance sooner than 3 weeks! I got a cute pic of Elena and I from the shower, so that can count as one picture of the day that I'm missing! We scrapbooked pages for Lexi's baby book, chatted and had some super yummy cake. Then we dashed off to the next party!
Cooper's birthday party was a blast! It was at Tumbletime, which the boys miss dearly...but for the sake of my sanity, I had to cut something out of the mix this winter! They had pizza and veggies (or chips and veggies in Zach's case, since the child is strange and does NOT do pizza). And then they played their little hearts out in the gym, which also had a bounce house up. And then they got to 'watch' Cooper open her presents! That was hilarious!! She's a lil tornado opening those presents, and the kids kept shoving their gifts in her face, she didn't know what to do with herself! She is adorable though!
Came home with the boys, found out that the hubby was definitely sick, but didn't want to cancel date night. So as soon as the babysitters arrived, we were off to the Melting Pot! HEAVEN!!! We had the spinach and artichoke cheese fondue to start. Then our salads. I had the caesar, and it had pine nuts on it...YUMMMMMM! Next the meat course, which they refer to as the 'proteins', which my husband thinks is VERY strange. And Casey started feeling really crappy, so he didn't really get to enjoy his favorite part! The shrimp and the new york strip steak were the best! I managed to try one tiny bite of the duck...NOT a fan! For dessert we went with the banana's foster white chocolate...Oh Em GEEEEEE, almost orgasmic! I've decided that next time I'm skipping everything else, and going straight to the chocolate, and perhaps having 2 or 3 pots of that! : ) What the hell, if you're gonna go big, ya might as well go REALLY big!!! Got a cute pic of us at the restaurant, which can serve as another pic of the day!
Yesterday was a very anti-climactic Superbowl for us. We normally have a big party, and I normally make enough food for a small army. But with Casey being sick, me being postop and having such a big 2 days before we opted not to do a party. We were going to have Ryan over, but didn't want him to get sick, so we didn't do anything at all, besides watch the game...and since we didn't really care about either the Packers or the Steelers, we mostly watched the commercials! It just felt weird all day though, not spending the morning in the kitchen preparing stuff for the big game, and not having a house full of peeps! Oh well!
Case stayed home from work today...he hardly ever misses work, so you know he feels terrible. But Chloe is doing her best to cheer him up and make him feel better. I got a pick of her sleeping on dad that was too cute to resist! It shall serve as my pic of the day for today.
The boys got their hair cut this afternoon! The lady asks Lucas where he got those gorgeous eyes, and he told her he was born that way! : ) He's so polite when talking to her, it was cracking me up to listen to their conversation! Anyways, I finally got November and December pics uploaded to Snapfish. I need to get January loaded. Then I need to put December and January pics on the webpage. And I have at least 10 other things, including the lovely laundry that really should get done today, so I really should get off the puter. Until tomorrow....



No comments:
Post a Comment