Zach being Zach
Wednesday was nothing too exciting. Lucas started off the day telling me at breakfast, 'Mom, I think I'm pretty sure I'm smarter than a 5th grader'. The things that come out of his mouth, the most random things, the funniest things. Before he left for school he grabbed the Jenga blocks, and built a 'roller coaster with 7 jumps'. I got a pic of the proud architect and his beautiful project, it shall serve as my pic of the day. And I couldn't resist a super cute pic of Zach attack as well, so he gets a pic of the day too.
It was share day for Lucas at preschool. He took his Mobi after much deliberation. He had a great time showing his friends the different games, and everything it could do. Although his friend brought in an older brother's cell phone, and that seemed to take the cake for the day.
We met the in laws at the escrow place late in the afternoon, and refinanced our house, with them as the 'bank' for our loan now. They paid off our loan with the bank, and we will now essentially be paying them every month. It's a win, win for both of us. They have a guaranteed income every month, and we saved more in interest...we refinanced for 4% interest...that kicks some serious butt!!!!!! We joined them at Goodwood for dinner. It's cute to see how much the boys love spending time with their grandparents.
We received an email from Lucas' preschool about enrolling them for preschool next year. We've decided that we're going to hold Zach back an extra year, so we don't have a need for preschool next year. However, it set the wheels in motion about deciding what daycare to use for the boys once kindergarten starts in the fall. We don't want to have to drive clear across town for daycare, especially on the days that I'm working, because they won't be able to help shuttle Lucas to or from kindergarten. Soooo, I started calling around to see what kind of rates I'd be looking at for daycare, 2 days a week, and if they shuttled kids to kindergarten. HOLY CRAP!!!! Daycare is freaking expensive. I was reconvinced of grandma's value in having watched the boys for 4 years, and letting us avoid daycare. And still she watches them one day a week. I was also reconvinced that Conndra is giving us a hell of a deal for daycare one day a week, with cheap drop in rates. So now the dilemma...be inconvenienced 1 or 2 days a week and continue to drive across town, so that we aren't spending an arm and a couple of legs on daycare....or, spend a crapload of money on daycare for the convenience. UGHHHHHH!!!!
Back in a few minutes with Thursdays post.
It was share day for Lucas at preschool. He took his Mobi after much deliberation. He had a great time showing his friends the different games, and everything it could do. Although his friend brought in an older brother's cell phone, and that seemed to take the cake for the day.
We met the in laws at the escrow place late in the afternoon, and refinanced our house, with them as the 'bank' for our loan now. They paid off our loan with the bank, and we will now essentially be paying them every month. It's a win, win for both of us. They have a guaranteed income every month, and we saved more in interest...we refinanced for 4% interest...that kicks some serious butt!!!!!! We joined them at Goodwood for dinner. It's cute to see how much the boys love spending time with their grandparents.
We received an email from Lucas' preschool about enrolling them for preschool next year. We've decided that we're going to hold Zach back an extra year, so we don't have a need for preschool next year. However, it set the wheels in motion about deciding what daycare to use for the boys once kindergarten starts in the fall. We don't want to have to drive clear across town for daycare, especially on the days that I'm working, because they won't be able to help shuttle Lucas to or from kindergarten. Soooo, I started calling around to see what kind of rates I'd be looking at for daycare, 2 days a week, and if they shuttled kids to kindergarten. HOLY CRAP!!!! Daycare is freaking expensive. I was reconvinced of grandma's value in having watched the boys for 4 years, and letting us avoid daycare. And still she watches them one day a week. I was also reconvinced that Conndra is giving us a hell of a deal for daycare one day a week, with cheap drop in rates. So now the dilemma...be inconvenienced 1 or 2 days a week and continue to drive across town, so that we aren't spending an arm and a couple of legs on daycare....or, spend a crapload of money on daycare for the convenience. UGHHHHHH!!!!
Back in a few minutes with Thursdays post.



No comments:
Post a Comment