I tried running for the first time today since surgery...no bueno! I even downloaded Lady Gaga's new single, Born this Way...which is amazing...but even though my mind was saying goooooo, my body was saying HELL NO! I pushed, but boy oh boy...it's amazing how much surgery set me back this time. I've had a hiatus with my running before, even for a couple of months, but it didn't set me back this badly!! I truly feel as if I'm starting over at square one this time around. I'm even contemplating just doing the 10k in May rather than trying to squeeze in enough training time to do a half marathon. We'll have to wait and see...and of course, that will drive me absolutely insane! Zumba will be good for me, to help increase my cardio tolerance and endurance.
Speaking of zumba, another no bueno...unable to go Tuesday or Thursday this week, as previously planned. Casey has poker on Thursday, and I had something come up on Tuesday. So I'm going to sneak in an extra session tomorrow at the Y since the boys will be at daycare, and I have the evening off. It'll be my valentine's present to myself!! ; )
The boys got in another park play day...at Demeyer park today. They love that park! Lucas was super cute too...chasing the girls all over! Even though last week after my scrapping event he told his dad he was cleaning the house because the girls were over and they have germs!! They are excited about valentine's day tomorrow! They picked out which Phineas and Ferb valentine their friends at preschool and daycare get. Zach only wanted his friends Jake and Lizzy to get one. Lucas picked out the Isabella valentine's for the girls in his class, and the big valentine's for his best buddies, Dylan and Cole. It's fun to see how they think at this age!
Made a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond today, after the grocery store...our awesome purchase...a fondue set! I LOVED the bananas foster chocolate fondue so much at the Melting Pot a couple weeks ago, that I had to try and duplicate it! Found a recipe online, tomorrow will tell the tale! I'm making brownies for the fondue, so I figure I'll need to run AND do zumba tomorrow to even come close to breaking even for the day! My picture of the day is of the fondue box, because I'm beyond words excited about using it tomorrow!
Until tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment