Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Survived going back to work

First day back at work was yesterday, topped it off with another 8 hours today! Wowzers...glad that I have 8 days off to regain my energy before I have to do it again!! In anticipation of a rough time yesterday, I decided to jump start my day with a massage. My back, my hips and my shoulders are a mess from sleeping on my back for the past 2 weeks. She had to take it 'easy' on me though because it seriously hurt in a couple of spots, and even though I had huge knots she had to back off. I'll go back in 2 weeks instead of waiting 4, and see if we can't get rid of those knots! She also mentioned lymph massage to help my surgery area!! After the massage I got to enjoy lunch with the hubster at Taco del Mar...I LOVE their 320 calorie burrito. It's huge and filling, yet not too hard on the calorie budget! Took Casey back to work, to do the car switcheroo...ended up doing the car seat switcheroo instead because I seriously could not get his car into reverse! I even tried using both hands, gave up and called Casey...what do ya do besides laugh hysterically at yourself?!?

Oh, and we can't forget the other important lesson that was learned yesterday! We have date night coming up Saturday night. New dress, new shoes...and a strong desire to wear a real bra and ditch the grandma one for a few hours. I didn't have time without children to make it over to Victoria's Secret to spend my gift card and get fitted officially, so I decided to stop in at Target and get a cheap one. Apparently the number 34 and the letter D are not naturally occurring! They had like 3 bras in the entire store that size, and 2 of them were so fugly that I could not bring myself to consider either of them. I settled on the 3rd, and quickly understood why Victoria's Secret is so incredibly popular! And then thanked my in laws for the gift certificate in my head again, since they're not cheap either!

I am missing zumba and my zumba friends like mad right now! I was tempted to go and watch tonight, just so I could see everyone! But I knew that there was zero chance that I could just sit and watch...so I made myself stay home! I've been scrapbooking a lot these last 2 weeks, getting ready for my party Friday night...thus, I've been listening to my ipod a lot lately...it's making me crave exercise! Only 7 more days, and then I'm clear to exercise...can I make it? Who in the world would have ever expected me to miss exercise???? I'm missing that post exercise 'I can conquer the world' feeling...the ability to pig out and burn off those extra calories...pushing myself to do it. Looking forward to conquering my training for the half marathon in May. It will be here before I know it, so I've got to stay on top of that schedule!

I've been slacking in the picture of the day department again...hoping that since recovery is going well, I'll be able to get back on track with all of this! Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment