Friday, January 28, 2011

Fabulous Friday!

Lucas showing the cat how to play the Mobi
Poor Zach attack passed out in dad's chair, with the puke bowl handy

So we'll rewind momentarily to Thursday since I was too preoccupied to get a post in here yesterday. Woke up to Lucas telling me to hurry into Zach's room to look at his bed...'it's either puke or poop mom'. LOVELY!!! It was puke, and Zach was sick...wonderful! I'm not allowed to lift more than 5 pounds, and not supposed to be doing household chores...what a great day it's shaping up to be. Called in sick to swim lessons...called grandma and decided that Lucas could still do a playdate with her, but definitely not Zach! To make a long story short, he only puked one other time that day. He did spike a fever, but it was only 99.7, and with fever baby, that's nothing! My pic of the day from yesterday is of him, passed out in daddy's chair. He's so stinking cute...but oh so sad when he's sick. Watching him sleep yesterday was kinda fun, it took me back to the good ol' days when he'd sleep in my arms for hours. But it breaks my heart when my babies are sick. He's back to normal today, thankfully!

We finished another disc of the final season of 24 last night. What in the world am I going to do without Jack Bauer???? Only 2 discs to go...talk about sad!! I've really enjoyed that show, but I'm glad that we're watching it on Netflix, instead of in real time...it would drive me nuts to have to wait a week in between episodes. We generally watch 2 each time we watch it. It's amazing how much faster it is without all of the commercials!

I also managed to get another set of workshop pages done for my new catalog celebration that is already next Friday! I LOVE these pages, and cannot wait to share them with my girls!!!! I wish I was as passionate about my real job, but alas...

Today was beyond wonderful! I started off the day with another major postop milestone...decided to try and see if I could get a shirt on that has to go on over my head...and VOILA!!! I succeeded!! Was getting tired of wearing button up and zip up shirts! WOOHOOOO!! Now I can get a postop pic as soon as I have a real bra, and not just these stinking grandma bras that I get the pleasure of wearing for another week and 4 days!

We went to the Summerwind Chicks program this morning. I think it is going to be a great fit for Mr Lucas. They did a tour of the school, which included his two favorite rooms...the science room, which had their brick project on display and the gym, complete with a low basketball hoop, and a tall one! The brick project was way cool...the kids were challenged to build a green city using legos. They drew up blueprints on gridded paper, and then built their green buildings with legos. It was love at first sight when Lucas saw all of those legos!!!! And when he saw the low basketball hoop in the gym, he was hooked! I love my son!! Today was an eye opener for me though. Most, if not all, of my friends have their kids in preschool AND work with them at home on pre kinder learning. This is not evidently the norm in Idaho however. To kick off the events today, they had the kids do an assessment. They were to write their name, identify the letters of the alphabet, identify some pictures and then tell their parent if the names of the objects rhymed. Lucas had no problem, and got it all correct. Some kids couldn't write a single letter, had no idea how to spell their name, and didn't know most, if any letters of the alphabet. WOW! I'm not trying to sound stuck up or pretentious...but seriously...WOW! I was relieved that Lucas isn't the only smarty pants in the group though, I did hear a couple of others doing very well too. The only drawback to this program is that if there are more applicants than there are seats in the program, it goes to a lottery system. I have THE crappiest luck in the whole world! I'm secretly hoping that it doesn't go to the lottery system, because I'd really like for Lucas to be in the program. Fingers, and toes, and everything else, CROSSED!

I've got the papers cut, and 4 of the 6 pages glued down...time to get busy on this next workshop. Can't believe that February is here as of Tuesday...where does the time seriously go? My pic of the day for today is of Lucas playing on his Mobi, with our CAT! He is an animal lover like his dad and I, and it was comical when I walked past and saw him showing the cat how to play on the Mobi! Did I mention that I love that kid?!?! Anyways, until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment