Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What a day!


I got so very much accomplished today, but still so much to do. I'm starting to freak out about how little I'll be able to do for about one month after surgery. I'm gearing up to make some meals to freeze so that Casey won't have to stress about the cooking that first week postop. Am hopeful that I'll be feeling good enough to manage after that first week! We're making a Costco run this weekend, maybe I'll just stock the freezer with premade stuff from them, rather than worry about trying to get more stuff done. It's amazing how busy life is when you try to stuff 4 weeks of a month into 2 weeks!!!!! Guess it's a good sign if I can survive this part without killing myself!

Had a very tragic thing happen to a friend's family member today...just a quick reminder that you never know when today is your last day. I'm not a sappy person usually, but sure makes me want to hug and kiss my boys more than ever, and tell them how much I love them. Tell my friends and family how grateful I am that each and every one of them has been an important part of my life. And hope that nothing tragic takes me before they all know this!! It's hard to wrap your head around what if something happened today, and there was no tomorrow...all your hopes and dreams...plans for the future...out the window. I'm sure that with Sunday, Jan 9th rapidly approaching that I'm a little more sentimental than usual too...mom would've been 61. So hard to believe that she's been gone 10 1/2 years, yet seems like yesterday too!! God, how I miss that woman!!

Cleaned out the kid's toy room today. Several bags of toys to go to Idaho Youth Ranch. I was proud of the boys for getting rid of so many things. That is my picture of the day today...the donated toy pile (and the bag of crappy kid's meal toys that will be round filed). Watched Despicable Me with them AGAIN today...that movie is hilarious, but watching my little men watch that movie is freaking hilarious!!

Good day...until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment