Monday, January 24, 2011

A day of firsts!

First day that I was able to undress, shower and redress...ALL BY MYSELF! It's so nice not feeling like a child or a total invalid again!! I did it just before Casey came home for lunch though, just in case I wasn't able to pull it off!

First time scrapbooking (and for 5 hours no less) since surgery! I was able to complete 2 of the 4 months of workshop pages that need to be ready for my party on the 4th. It wasn't really bad except that I'm used to sitting in my chair and turning and reaching for stuff off a nearby shelf, or up off the floor, and that really freaking hurt to try that! I had to get up out of my chair for either of the above...and more importantly, had to remind myself before just reaching like previously! And of course any pushing with my arms at all, and my pecs were screaming at me, so I just had to tone that down!

First time out of the house since surgery!!!!!! Exciting, even if it was only to go get the boys from daycare!

First time driving since surgery! Difficult...had to scoot the seat waaayyy up so I wasn't reaching as much for everything. Almost had to leave the rearview mirror at Casey's setting, but finally managed to lift myself up to get it without stretching too much...sheer pain I tell you what. Turning was not fun either...SMALL and steady hand over hand action I'm telling you. Putting the boys' seatbelts on was NOT fun by any stretch of the imagination...both the reaching and the pushing KILLED me! Lucas had to finish his own, and I seriously debated leaving the last buckle of Zach's undone. You seriously do not realize how much you use certain muscles until it hurts like hell, and then you'll never forget!!!

First time cooking dinner since surgery! It was only spaghetti and garlic bread. Cutting bread, stirring stuff, lifting the pot on/off the stove...all involve pecs, who knew!?! ; ) Guess maybe those pecs wouldn't be so mad at me if I hadn't shoved almost a pint of saline under each one of them!

Got my presentation formatted for the 4th. Have my make n take project planned. Now I just need to get one last order in. I'm exhausted and ready for bed after such a big day! I've got to stay strong for tomorrow...my first day with my bubbas, all by my lonesome! Thank goodness they're good kids (most of the time)!

Wish me luck, after a wild night of sleep last night, due in part to the percocet...I'm going to try another big first...first night without percocet!! Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment