Saturday, January 15, 2011

Clean at last!


I'm such a terrible procrastinator! I don't know why, but I like to feel the flames burning my butt before I get stuff done...probably because I work well under pressure! Got the whole stinking house cleaned today, and it's a good thing, because with all of the limitations of recovery it is likely to be the last time until my new catalog party with the girls on the 4th of February. While not being allowed to do a lot of my chores is a plus, my OCD and type A tendencies will ignite and it will drive me crazy to not get some of it cleaned up before then!

My kids are so excited to go stay with Grandma and Grandpa for 4 nights that they can hardly stand themselves right now. But OH EM GEE...they are ultra clingy right now!! It's kind of cute that they're going to miss me, but did I mention CLINGY!! After this surgery I'm going to need one to remove two tumors from my legs/hips...one is called Lucas and the other Zachary. I had the hubby snap a picture of them literally attached to me (thus, my pic of the day)...jinkies! Grandma had a suggestion to help them understand how long mom and dad will be gone, so we went to Target today and let them pick out three small toys. Each morning they get to pick one new goody from their bag and when the new goodies are all out of the bag, then that means mom n dad will soon be home. Between that and the calendar, I wish Grandma lots of luck! Lucas has reviewed 'the plan' with us at least 5 times daily for at least the last week.

Our airport shuttle on this end, our house sitter (my sweet lil baby brother), and our baby sitter (Grandma) all seem to be in order. The house is clean, the boys stuff is packed...I'm wiped out, but I'm betting I'll hardly sleep a wink tonight because I'm so excited about everything (I'm such a kid at heart)!!!!! ; )

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment