Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lacking MOJO!

Now that I've got the pain under control, my biggest problem that I'm dealing with postoperatively is the complete lack of motivation to do anything, and the physical protest of my body to actually do anything. I sorted the kids laundry, Casey washed it, and I folded it yesterday...that was the true extent of my efforts yesterday...and sad as it may be, I was very proud of myself for accomplishing that much! I was in turn rewarded with much swelling and discomfort today, so much so that I look like a preggo. Thus, I took it extra easy and took an extra nap today since I sorted our laundry and folded it too. It is seriously driving me crazy to not be constantly on the go, accomplishing one million things per day!!!!! I haven't left my house since arriving home Wednesday night, haven't been able to drive, haven't felt up to going anywhere anyways. The boys are going to daycare tomorrow, Casey is going to drop them off in the morning, and drum roll please....I get to go pick them up! : ) Never would've thought I'd see the day when I was so freaking excited about driving to daycare and back!!! Living on the edge...that's my style!

I told Casey tonight at dinner (that he cooked), that I could get used to having a house husband!! To which he very quickly responded with "Don't!!" I'll take it as a back handed compliment...people always say you don't know what you've got until you lose it...the hubby is finding this out the hard way. People always think that stay at home mom's don't really have a job, and how easy it must be. I LOVE my job as mom and wife...but it sure feels good to know that your efforts are appreciated, even when it's not a straight forward compliment! My hubby and friend Misty used to joke about Pete and I being the bread winners while they stay at home and care for the kids...Casey could no more be a stay at home dad than walk on the moon! He cannot wait to go back to work tomorrow...it's amusing! : ) He should consider a career in nursing however!!!! He was been awesome, taking care of me! I seriously appreciate and love him more than he could ever imagine! Even though he has done a good job, and I joke about having a house husband, it would seriously drive me up the wall! It would kill me to not be able to do everything!!

I did also get some stuff done for my scrapbooking business. Another major deadline looms for me, February 4th is the new catalog celebration. Still have 4 months worth of stuff to finish up, and my presentation to prepare! I'm getting really excited though!

I figured out what my mental and physical mojo needs for a jumpstart...MY MUSIC!! Casey always teases me about how terrible it is, but the beat lifts me up and gives me mental energy! Since we left last Sunday for Utah, I haven't really listened to my music at all. So I decided to change that today, and cranked up some Black eyed peas, Lady Gaga and some of my fave zumba tunes! While it kills me to listen and not be able to dance around the room to it, or go for a run, it's amazing what it does for my head! I'm totally missing exercise...running and zumba... but know that I only have a couple more short weeks before I'm back in the saddle!

Anyways, catching up on what I missed from this week's Biggest Loser. Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when the husbands get to see 1st handed just how hard it is to be at home all day with the kids. George got to feel that when he was off work for 5 weeks. He has always been thankful for all I do but now he is just really thankful. It sounds like you are feeling better with each day that passes and that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey is the same way...thankful for what I do on a daily basis, but extra thankful now that he's had to do most of it! And thanks, I am feeling better each day, hoping that my energy returns real soon though!!

    ReplyDelete