Sunday, January 9, 2011

What was I thinking????

Proof that my laundry room needs a makeover!
Zach attack and his out of control flock of seagulls look!

I know I like to think that I can do it all...wife, mom, pharmacist, scrapbooking consultant, friend, etc...however, I think I'm pushing my outer limits this month! With my consult in Salt Lake tomorrow, and my surgery a week away I cannot seriously believe how much I have to get done. Of course, it doesn't help that I took time to watch a movie last night with the hubby and our friend Ryan...nor that I ran 3 miles today...nor that I spent an hour playing Angry Birds (I hate that game anyways, so explain to me why I continue to play it...it makes me ANGRY). I have 3 workshops this week (squeezing them in before surgery and the unknown recovery period)...I work Thursday evening and Friday morning, and also the usual preschool shuttle, and swim lessons on Thursday morning. Oh, and the fun of packing for all of us, since the boys will be staying with Casey's parents while we're in Utah for surgery. I'm FREAKING out, but also trying to remind myself that what gets done, gets done, and the rest will wait...might be 3 weeks, but it will just have to wait. And to think that just yesterday I was entertaining the idea of a new challenge...100 layouts in 2011! Crazy woman I am!!! If it were 100, including those that I make for workshops, not a problem...but 100 just for me, my own personal scrapping...might be a bit too much to expect of myself! I'll wait to challenge myself until I see how recovery is shaping up to be.

I'm just up from the scrap room again...this time I was prepping for workshops. Got all of the stuff cut and ready for Tuesday and Friday night's classes, just have the card workshop to finish up. I had to sort through the box of goodies to get the rest of the supplies out to prep for the workshops. I'm so bad...I'd rather play with all of the new stuff than get the stuff ready for the workshops...but I know how much I hate to scramble the day of the workshop, so I resisted all temptation, and got right to work instead!!

I'm getting really nervous about recovery from the surgery. I'm worried about the kiddos...I so love to rough house with them, and carry them around upside down and such...how will we ever survive at least 3 weeks of me not being able to do it??? They love a good tickle session, but they're pretty wild...and the thought of getting hurt really does NOT appeal to me! Hoping that it's harder on me than it is on them, and that 3 weeks flies by, and that I recover quickly...like I usually do! Going to try and enjoy the down time! But I know that it's going to drive me absolutely crazy to not be able to go and do like I'm always doing...and no strenuous exercise for at least 3 weeks...that may kill me!

Today would've been mom's 61st birthday...hard to believe that we last got to celebrate with her 11 years ago, for her 50th! What I wouldn't give to have her back just for a short time, to meet her son in law and her grandkids, and to stay up all night talking with her......... Lucas told me that even though we can't party with her that she's still having a party up in heaven...LOVE the innocence and sweetness of youth! Miss you mom!!

Anyways, I still have 3 more things that must be done before bed tonight, so I must get off the puter and get some shut eye before flying out to SLC tomorrow morning. Just occurred to me today that I haven't flown anywhere by myself since I was 13 weeks preggo with Lucas (6 years ago in February), to go to Carolyn's baby shower in Lewiston. And it didn't make me at all nervous since they met me at the airport, and I knew my way around, etc. I've become accustomed to having Casey by my side to help me navigate my way around foreign territory! I'm sorta nervous about tomorrow...I can do this!!!! I think I can, I think I can!!!

My pic of the day for yesterday is of Zachary's wild hair...we call it his flock of seagulls look! And my pic of the day for today is of the laundry folding couch...how I long for a laundry room makeover, to be able to fold clothes in the laundry room, rather than out in the family room on the couch! : )

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment