Decided to kick off the new year on the right foot! And prove that I'm slightly crazy, all at the same time! Went for a 5 mile run today...but it was only 25 degrees outside! While I thought it was unbearably cold, evidently I was alone in the running world on that thought...passed a guy who was running in short sleeves and shorts, no long sleeve layers that had been removed, no hat, no gloves...FREAKING CRAZY for sure!! I have decided that I am going to register for the half marathon as soon as it opens, or tomorrow if it already is. That way, I'll stay motivated to keep this effort up! I continue to surprise myself with what I can accomplish that I previously would've said I absolutely could NOT do!
And then it was off to a fabulous date night with the hubster!! I wanted Cool Hand Luke's, but they are closed for the holidays, until Tuesday. So, I had a gift card to Chili's, and that's where we landed...totally cheap date I am! Then we went to see Little Fockers...cute, but not nearly as funny as the original Meet the Parents! There were a couple of scenes where I wanted to roll on the floor laughing my butt off...but I didn't want to scare any of the other theater goers! We booked our baby sitter early so that we had time to get to the Neisen's for dinner with them and Joe, but then found out Joe had to leave today, and it would just be us. I spaced having her come a little later, so we were done with the movie by 8:30. In an attempt to not appear to be complete losers, we stopped at The Ram on the way home for a night cap. I had a fabulously tasty Mango Mojito (only 80 calories, or so the menu said)...and Case enjoyed a Total Disorder Porter (that was way more than 80 calories). We watched the Fiesta bowl, gave up trying to get a self portrait of us from my iphone, and settled on my picture of the day...Case enjoying his porter.
And as I checked my email while at the Ram, my day improved even more! I won $80 in the Snow better time to exercise challenge!!!! I have THE crappiest luck in the whole world, and it was a drawing for 2nd and 3rd places, so I was quite sure that I wouldn't win, but I actually managed to get my name drawn...it's a Christmas miracle!!!!
My new year is off to a fabulous start! Hope 2011 continues to knock my socks off! Until tomorrow!
And then it was off to a fabulous date night with the hubster!! I wanted Cool Hand Luke's, but they are closed for the holidays, until Tuesday. So, I had a gift card to Chili's, and that's where we landed...totally cheap date I am! Then we went to see Little Fockers...cute, but not nearly as funny as the original Meet the Parents! There were a couple of scenes where I wanted to roll on the floor laughing my butt off...but I didn't want to scare any of the other theater goers! We booked our baby sitter early so that we had time to get to the Neisen's for dinner with them and Joe, but then found out Joe had to leave today, and it would just be us. I spaced having her come a little later, so we were done with the movie by 8:30. In an attempt to not appear to be complete losers, we stopped at The Ram on the way home for a night cap. I had a fabulously tasty Mango Mojito (only 80 calories, or so the menu said)...and Case enjoyed a Total Disorder Porter (that was way more than 80 calories). We watched the Fiesta bowl, gave up trying to get a self portrait of us from my iphone, and settled on my picture of the day...Case enjoying his porter.
And as I checked my email while at the Ram, my day improved even more! I won $80 in the Snow better time to exercise challenge!!!! I have THE crappiest luck in the whole world, and it was a drawing for 2nd and 3rd places, so I was quite sure that I wouldn't win, but I actually managed to get my name drawn...it's a Christmas miracle!!!!
My new year is off to a fabulous start! Hope 2011 continues to knock my socks off! Until tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment