One last before pic, just minutes before surgery!
I had absolutely no idea that this was gonna hurt so bad! A brief recap of the last few days events. Tuesday morning, up and at em extra early because of course I couldn't sleep! I arrive at the surgeon's office all excited and perky. Meet with Dr Young, go over everything briefly again. Meet with the anesthesiologist, go over stuff with him, and then it's off to the OR. I remember him starting my IV, very painlessly...he was GOOD! And he was asking about my ablation surgery in May, the next thing I remember is telling the nurse postoperatively that I'm REALLY nauseated and her giving me some zofran. The next thing I remember is waking up in the hotel room several hours later. I hurt sooo stinking bad. And I'm super sensitive to narcotics, so I was really apprehensive about taking the percocet, but did anyways. We bought latex gloves, and filled these with ice to help with the inflammation and pain. The afternoon was no fun at all, but the evening was TERRIBLE! I was incredibly nauseated, and not wanting to take more pain meds, but was worried that the intense pain was making the nausea worse, and thus had started a vicious cycle. I hurt so bad that I was continually asking myself WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE, and wanting to rip the implants out. Doctor Young called to check on me at 9:30pm, but didn't have a lot of suggestions. I somehow managed to make it thru the night.
Wednesday morning brought my postop appointment with Dr Young at 10. He took the bandages off the sutures, and took the binder and bra off so that we could see the results. They look wonderful, but still oh, so painful. It was amazing though how much better it felt without that darn binder on! I told doctor that this was waaayyyy worse than either experience I had with natural childbirth, without epidural or drugs. I then found out that he has a sense of humor...he tells me that's because I hadn't had twins yet! Ha, ha funny guy! Anyways, armed with post op instructions and another rx for zofran we were on our way back to the hotel. We asked about late check out again, and were once again told that we could NOT check out any later than 1pm since the hotel was full. Casey went and filled my zofran rx, and I rested again. I was soooo miserable, and totally dreading the day at the airport. We stayed right up until 1 and then headed off to the airport. We dropped off the rental car, and then checked in at the Southwest counter, after a brief rest on a bench in between the two. I looked and felt like a little old lady, and I'm quite sure I was moving slower than a little old lady! I must've looked like hell because the lady at the Southwest counter immediately asked if I'd like a wheelchair. Best decision I'd made all day was to accept the wheelchair ride across the terminal...it also got me to the head of the line at security. The dingbat security guy made me take off my hat after walking thru the scanner, and show him my hat...the hat was to hide my seriously terrible case of bed head. WHATEVAH!! We made it to our gate, and got to sit for 4 hours!!!! I was beyond miserable between the pain and the nausea. I was even so desperate that I had Casey go buy a huge glass of ice and fill up a couple of gloves so I could ice the girls in the airport! I figured that I'd never see these people again, and even if I did, who cares, the girls were in serious need of ICE!! The one hour plane ride home was even more miserable due to nausea. But I survived. I was seriously hoping that the plane would explode in mid air so that I'd die instantly and not have to worry about the pain anymore. Still wondering what the hell I'd done to myself, and questioning the need to have traveled to Utah for the surgery to save money. Lynn picked us up at the airport, and I scared him to death because I looked so miserable. Came home, took some more meds, and literally crashed. It's amazing how wonderful it is to be home, in your own bed. I was able to catch up on ice, pain meds and zofran, so the night was a vast improvement over the day, and I was able to move on!
Thursday was an even better day. I got to take the binder off permanently! And I got to take a shower!!!! I slept off and on quite a bit, stayed caught up with my meds and I was finally not regretting having had the surgery. Went to bed early, and slept so much better!!
Today was the best day yet...I was able to progress to puttering around the house! I was sitting up and walking around the house quite a bit today, which totally wore me out, but it felt oh so good!! I got to watch a movie with my boys, who have both come down with a cold. The hubby got a pic of Lucas stretched out on my lap while we were watching Despicable Me, so it will be my pic of the day for today. I'm glad that I'm able to interact with my little men more today, and I'm sure it will keep getting better from here! I'm very fond of the results, and for the first time I can honestly say I'm glad I had the surgery. I'm sure in a few weeks, when all of my restrictions have been lifted that I will finally be able to say that it was all worth it...I'm not there quite yet though!
I am sooooo thankful that I have such a wonderful husband! He has been a wonderful nurse, and has done a great job being Mr Mom these past few days. Unfortunately, he still has a few more days to go though, and I'm afraid the kids are driving him nuts...but I know he can do it. Thanks babe, I love you more than you will ever know!! Until tomorrow...
Wednesday morning brought my postop appointment with Dr Young at 10. He took the bandages off the sutures, and took the binder and bra off so that we could see the results. They look wonderful, but still oh, so painful. It was amazing though how much better it felt without that darn binder on! I told doctor that this was waaayyyy worse than either experience I had with natural childbirth, without epidural or drugs. I then found out that he has a sense of humor...he tells me that's because I hadn't had twins yet! Ha, ha funny guy! Anyways, armed with post op instructions and another rx for zofran we were on our way back to the hotel. We asked about late check out again, and were once again told that we could NOT check out any later than 1pm since the hotel was full. Casey went and filled my zofran rx, and I rested again. I was soooo miserable, and totally dreading the day at the airport. We stayed right up until 1 and then headed off to the airport. We dropped off the rental car, and then checked in at the Southwest counter, after a brief rest on a bench in between the two. I looked and felt like a little old lady, and I'm quite sure I was moving slower than a little old lady! I must've looked like hell because the lady at the Southwest counter immediately asked if I'd like a wheelchair. Best decision I'd made all day was to accept the wheelchair ride across the terminal...it also got me to the head of the line at security. The dingbat security guy made me take off my hat after walking thru the scanner, and show him my hat...the hat was to hide my seriously terrible case of bed head. WHATEVAH!! We made it to our gate, and got to sit for 4 hours!!!! I was beyond miserable between the pain and the nausea. I was even so desperate that I had Casey go buy a huge glass of ice and fill up a couple of gloves so I could ice the girls in the airport! I figured that I'd never see these people again, and even if I did, who cares, the girls were in serious need of ICE!! The one hour plane ride home was even more miserable due to nausea. But I survived. I was seriously hoping that the plane would explode in mid air so that I'd die instantly and not have to worry about the pain anymore. Still wondering what the hell I'd done to myself, and questioning the need to have traveled to Utah for the surgery to save money. Lynn picked us up at the airport, and I scared him to death because I looked so miserable. Came home, took some more meds, and literally crashed. It's amazing how wonderful it is to be home, in your own bed. I was able to catch up on ice, pain meds and zofran, so the night was a vast improvement over the day, and I was able to move on!
Thursday was an even better day. I got to take the binder off permanently! And I got to take a shower!!!! I slept off and on quite a bit, stayed caught up with my meds and I was finally not regretting having had the surgery. Went to bed early, and slept so much better!!
Today was the best day yet...I was able to progress to puttering around the house! I was sitting up and walking around the house quite a bit today, which totally wore me out, but it felt oh so good!! I got to watch a movie with my boys, who have both come down with a cold. The hubby got a pic of Lucas stretched out on my lap while we were watching Despicable Me, so it will be my pic of the day for today. I'm glad that I'm able to interact with my little men more today, and I'm sure it will keep getting better from here! I'm very fond of the results, and for the first time I can honestly say I'm glad I had the surgery. I'm sure in a few weeks, when all of my restrictions have been lifted that I will finally be able to say that it was all worth it...I'm not there quite yet though!
I am sooooo thankful that I have such a wonderful husband! He has been a wonderful nurse, and has done a great job being Mr Mom these past few days. Unfortunately, he still has a few more days to go though, and I'm afraid the kids are driving him nuts...but I know he can do it. Thanks babe, I love you more than you will ever know!! Until tomorrow...



I am so sorry to hear it was so painful. I think I might have to pass on the reduction because I don't know if I could handle that pain. So glad to hear you are feeling better though.
ReplyDelete