Sunday, March 6, 2011

HOCKEY!!!!!


Saturday, March 5th
Could not get my mojo flowing after staying out late with the girls Friday night. Zachary was up at 4:30 to pee, and wide awake at 6:30...love the kid, but absolutely hate early mornings!!!!!! Since the mojo was completely lacking I couldn't talk myself into doing anything, I spent the morning in my pj's, playing Angry Birds on my phone (literally, and pathetically)!!

Finally managed to drag my lazy butt into the shower after lunch...drug it back downstairs and started playing that stupid game again! My phone had died in the middle somewhere, so I was even so bold as to bring the plug out to the family room so that I could play while it charged! My greatest achievement of the day was getting "Angry Bird Addict". Casey looked it up for me, and it means that I've spent a minimum of 30 hours playing that stupid game! For reals...did I mention, pathetic?!?

Printed off the hockey tickets, and headed out to dinner at Old Chicago, downtown. Ryan had to work the hockey game so he met us there. We adults all decided to try their new Chicago style pizza...it was fabulous! But it was a ton of pizza, even for the individual size!! And of course, I had an Ace Pear Cider with dinner. Casey said he was surprised that I had an adult beverage with dinner...but it would be like me turning down dinner at a mexican restaurant, and instead asking to go have a big ol' juicy steak somewhere! You know, when in Rome...

This was Zachary's first time at a hockey game! He was pretty excited when the crowd roared as the players came out on the ice...he was throwing his hands up in the air and clapping! I truly think he enjoyed the popcorn and lemonade as much as anything. Granted he was tired, and is only 3. But he was oh so bored by the end of the second period, so we took off during the 2nd intermission, right after the chuck a puck. Lucas has share day at school on Monday, so I promised him that we'd stop by the Steelheads booth and see if there wasn't something fun to buy that he could take with him to share day. Both boys ended up with the #1 foam Steelheads finger/hand. If we'd have been smart, we'd have bought those before we sat down at the start of the game...both boys thought they were the greatest things EVER!!!!!! Lucas cannot wait to take it to share day with him on Monday!

On the way home from the game, the song Sister Christian came on the radio...and you'd have thought it was the greatest song ever judging by my husband's reaction!!!! It's amazing after 6 1/2 years of marriage, and almost 10 years together, how much he makes me laugh! The guy is a goof and seriously cracks me up!

My pic of the day is of the family at the Steelheads game! Good times I tell you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment