Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thursday, March 10th

Started the day off with some swim lessons for the little men! THEY DID AWESOME!!! Zach told me Wednesday night before bed that he was going for 10 seconds under water. So when it was time to do his tummy float I told coach that he wanted to hold his breath for 10 seconds...she thought we'd better start with 7...he did it, absolutely no problem! So then she said 8...he did 10! It was a huge day for Zach to be so eager to do more than asked!! He's getting past that fear, and fighting that urge to say I can't, or I don't want to. I was sooooo proud of him! And Lucas, he kicked ass today!!!! He took the initiative to tell coach that he wanted to do doggie digs instead of just the usual superman float across the pool. At first he told her he wanted to do it without a noodle, but when she told him that she wasn't going to hold on to him at all he opted for the noodle. But he did it!!!! I was very proud of him...of both of them, and their efforts!! Finally remembered to mail Great Grandma the pictures of lego spaceships that Lucas drew for her, that doubled as a birthday card!

Decided to check the mail when we arrived home from swim lessons, and I'm so glad that I did! There was a letter in there informing us of the awesome news that Lucas had gotten in to Summerwind, a math and science magnet school in the Meridian School district, through the lottery draw! HALLELUJAH!!!!! He was sooooo excited that he's going to be a Summerwind Seahawk! The first thing he wanted to know was if Jeffrey would be in his class...too cute! Jeffrey got in too, and even if they don't end up in the same class, at least they'll be at the same school. I don't think it will hurt that they automatically have one friend in their new school! Not that I think either one of them will have any trouble with making new friends!

Off to daycare for the boys, and off to work for me! And what a day it was! To begin, we had this fruitloop of a lady that had been there since 10am, waiting for her soon to be ex-husband to come and pay for her prescription, that he couldn't know what it was, and we weren't to bill her insurance for it...total fruitloop...and she seriously didn't leave until 6pm!!! And then to top it all off fruitloop had her purse stolen. One of our shady patients decided to pick it up on his way out the door. After he took it home and cleaned it out for her, he called and said that he'd found a purse, and was going to return it. Fruitloop had already called the cops, and the detectives were there reviewing the video surveillance tapes when the moron called to say he'd found a purse. He was of course arrested, this was around 3pm. And then, about 5:30, he calls to ask if we'd heard back from his doctor yet, and tells me that he'd gotten himself into a predicament with a purse, and can he come back and get his prescription after the doctor calls in the refill!?! Seriously, big balls that guy had...I would NEVER show my face in that store again if I were him! We ended up having our male pharmacy tech escort him out because he was hanging around too long when he came back to pick up his prescription. My favorite part was when he was asking my tech a bunch of questions about the whole episode, and then he tells him that he was expecting a thank you, not to get arrested! Are ya kidding me???? I don't know why anything surprises me anymore!

Got a pedometer at work today. They're trialing Walk with Walgreens with the employees first, for the month of March, and then they're going to release it to the public. A good motivator to get up and move more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment