Decided that it's time for no more excuses...I'm mostly over the crud, and the clock is ticking for training if I still want to do this half marathon in May. So I broke down and ran on the treadmill tonight! I'm not very good at pushing myself on the treadmill, so I only made it 2.5 miles, but it wasn't bad...I'm sure I could've done much better had I not been bored to tears on that stupid thing! I'm so glad that daylight savings is this weekend! Then it will be light out longer, and I can run outside after I put the boys to bed. It is amazing what a distraction it is to be outside. I can pick out landmarks to push myself, and the time goes by sooooo much faster!! I've also decided to start running to and from zumba when I go to classes at the Y! That should help in the total miles per week department, get that endurance up there!
I started the day off with a zumba song stuck in my head, so I appealed to my zumba friends on facebook, and VOILA...new song for the running mix, and the ipod in general. Hey Baby by Pitbull is the song du jour! ; )
Lucas had preschool this morning, and his buddy Josh got to have his birthday celebration today. Lucas was excited because all the boys had blue cupcakes and the girls had green or yellow! I'm glad that he enjoys school so much, I only hope it continues for many years to come. Zach and I came home and played the wii and then he got to play a little Monkey Preschool on my phone. I asked him if he had anywhere that he wanted to go for lunch with dad and brother after we picked Lucas up from school...he immediately shouted KFC, and had this little KFC dance that he was doing! Oh how he makes me laugh!!!! And when we picked up Lucas I told Zach to tell brother what he wants for lunch, and Lucas starts excitedly saying KFC! If only things as small as KFC for lunch could make my whole day or week!!!
We stopped at Albertson's for a some produce for dinner tonight, and the boys conned me into Red Box, Megamind it was...AGAIN! We all enjoy that one...need to buy it soon! Lucas begged me to go outside today, and since the sun was shining, I gave in. The wind however, got the best of me, and we didn't last too terribly long out there. But we did have a rousing game of basketball! Lucas had me raise the basket, and it's amazing how good he's getting...of course I don't have anyone his age to compare his abilities to. Zach was even able to sink a few at the increased height.
The bad thing about today...only had 2 and a few sips of Cherry Coke Zero yesterday, and thus, a raging headache today! Had water at KFC today, but did go back up to 3 CCZ's today. I'll try to go back down to 2 tomorrow. I need to feel good though, since it's back to work tomorrow and Friday!
Off to bed feeling oh so good after my 'run' tonight! Until tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment