Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I run for chocolate and champagne!

Decided that with it snowing here again today, and it still getting dark too early to run after the boys are in bed, that I'm going to postpone my half marathon until the See Jane Run Half Marathon on June 18th. I'm going to register for it tonight, so that I don't chicken out. But between surgery in January, crappy weather, and 2 colds in 2 weeks, I can't force myself to train on the treadmill, and I don't want to put that kind of pressure on myself to be ready for the half on May 14th. I know it can be done, by people that can push themselves well...that's totally not me though! I have to give myself time, and push, but not too hard or too fast. I was looking around on their website tonight, and they have chocolate and champagne at the finish line, and it's only women! There is also a 5k event and people are able to do strollers too, but the good news is, they start them 1/2 hour behind the half marathon ladies! That was a huge frustration at Race for the Cure last year...walkers, strollers and runners were all mixed in, and it was a gigantic pain in the ass to try to run around everyone! It was only a 5k, so it could've been worse.

Did I mention that it snowed today?!? HUGE fluffy flakes! I'm not sure I've ever seen such big ol' flakes!!! It was sticking to the grass quite well, but it was too warm, so as soon as it stopped snowing it melted...and it never did stick to the streets or sidewalks. The bad thing about snow in March, not enough to go out and play in it. Too cold and wet to want to go out and play when the sun finally peeks through the clouds. Lose-lose situation. Damn ground hog, I want spring!!

Watched Aladdin with the boys this afternoon to kill some time and quench the boredom! Thrilled that we have swim lessons tomorrow morning, that always keeps them from feeling like climbing the walls!

Getting excited for this weekend, and one day closer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment