One of the single most annoying days as a pharmacist, EVER! I cannot tell you how many phone calls, and people came in asking if we had freaking potassium iodide. I was nice the first few times, but then my patience vanished and I became quite bitchy. NO we don't have it, NO I don't know where you can find it, look online, and oh by the way, we live in IDAHO, not Japan, and we don't freaking need it. I was oh so close to going postal on the idiots by the end of the day. I figured this was like Tamiflu and the flu shot shortage a couple of years ago when swine flu hit big time, and the media hyped it up, and it was all for nuttin'. So I vowed to watch the news and launch a huge complaint campaign if they were hyping the damn potassium pills. Oh no, the news is not to blame this time...it's just people's own freaking ignorance and anxiety, and the damn internet to blame. ARGHHHHH!!
I was exhausted in every way, shape and form, but managed to drag my sorry butt to zumba at Limelight. I'm sooooo thankful that I did! It was a great workout, some of my fave zumba songs, and a ton of people! Felt great after going! I wish I could bottle up that feeling and take it to work with me so that I could have a little attitude adjustment and pick me up whenever I need it in the midst of hell on earth!
Casey finished up our taxes last night. We're getting money back, thankfully we don't owe anymore than what we already paid! : ) We barely broke even with the state, but we're getting almost $3000 back from the feds. I asked what we're going to do with that little windfall, but my hubby is too freaking practical...he told me that I was sitting on that money, aka the new couches. BORING! I told him that the relief pharmacist that was there on Monday only does one day a month...that would be beyond AWESOME in my book...he wasn't anywhere near as excited with the news, and denied my request to further semi-retire from that place!! It's always worth a try! However, part of the reason he's still denying me, I still owe $32,000 in student loans. I'm ecstatic that it's down from the almost $90,000 I graduated with!!! Only 4 years and few more months and then it'll be paid in full. Guess I shouldn't have financed so much partying back then...but oh the fun I had! It'd probably kill me to party like that now, 10 years later!!
And, my greatest accomplishment of the day....only 1 cherry coke zero for the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment