Instead of Monday being a typical Monday, it was a great day! I not only kicked off spring cleaning and started with the blinds in the family room, but we got our new sectional delivered!!!! I wanted to get the walls in the family room behind the couches wiped down, and the blinds cleaned. I accomplished both tasks, and the blinds look so wonderful! I have decided that I need to invent self cleaning blinds however. Those things are a gigantic pain in the butt to clean...no wonder I don't bother more than once a year!! My carpet cleaner told me that if you put fabric softener in the water and use that to clean the blinds that they will repel the dust better. We shall soon see!!
Our fabulous new couches were delivered today. I LOVE them!! And in true furniture fashion, they look gigundous in our family room compared to what they looked like on the showroom floor. We arranged the pieces the way we thought we wanted them, but Casey's chair and ottoman didn't fit in the room with that arrangement. So we moved the chair and ottoman up into the living room. Then a few minutes later as we were sitting and admiring the new look, I had a brilliant idea. We could make the one side under the windows even longer, and that should free up enough room for the chair to fit in the room too. And it really was a brilliant idea, it worked!! We decided to watch a movie to test out the new couches. The movie was Letters to Juliet, and was a flop...I don't mind predictable chic flicks, but I do like some plot, and a little humor never hurts either!! The couches were a hit however!!!!! LOVE 'em!!
Mother nature has a very sick sense of humor these days. We started off the day with snow, lots and lots of snow. Thankfully it was warm enough that it was just a wet snow, and didn't stick or accumulate! And it was just rain by the afternoon. Casey said we got 3/10 of an inch of precip on Monday, which is pretty decent for the Treasure Valley!
Lucas had his big share day at school today. He took in the foam finger he got from the Steelheads game. And then, he got all excited because Miss Erika and the other students played along, and closed their eyes while he pulled it out of his bag, to surprise them with it's awesomeness!! The kid seriously cracks me up!! He was very happy that all of his friends enjoyed it and thought it was cool.
It was a great start to the week...
Our fabulous new couches were delivered today. I LOVE them!! And in true furniture fashion, they look gigundous in our family room compared to what they looked like on the showroom floor. We arranged the pieces the way we thought we wanted them, but Casey's chair and ottoman didn't fit in the room with that arrangement. So we moved the chair and ottoman up into the living room. Then a few minutes later as we were sitting and admiring the new look, I had a brilliant idea. We could make the one side under the windows even longer, and that should free up enough room for the chair to fit in the room too. And it really was a brilliant idea, it worked!! We decided to watch a movie to test out the new couches. The movie was Letters to Juliet, and was a flop...I don't mind predictable chic flicks, but I do like some plot, and a little humor never hurts either!! The couches were a hit however!!!!! LOVE 'em!!
Mother nature has a very sick sense of humor these days. We started off the day with snow, lots and lots of snow. Thankfully it was warm enough that it was just a wet snow, and didn't stick or accumulate! And it was just rain by the afternoon. Casey said we got 3/10 of an inch of precip on Monday, which is pretty decent for the Treasure Valley!
Lucas had his big share day at school today. He took in the foam finger he got from the Steelheads game. And then, he got all excited because Miss Erika and the other students played along, and closed their eyes while he pulled it out of his bag, to surprise them with it's awesomeness!! The kid seriously cracks me up!! He was very happy that all of his friends enjoyed it and thought it was cool.
It was a great start to the week...



No comments:
Post a Comment