They got to be big boys this morning, and have their cereal in a 'big' bowl, rather than in the little kid bowls, that result in me having to refill it at least once if not twice! I think they're both going through a growing spurt right now, their consumption has increased drastically these past few days! Casey was asking if we should put big rocks on their heads to keep them from growing, or if we should just all stop eating. They weren't impressed with either idea, and Zach got plum upset about both ideas!! On the way to school this morning, Lucas tells me, as we're driving past the entrance to the Bristol Heights subdivision, 'could you stop on the way back and tell them to clean this mess up, I'm tired of looking at it'! I could so hear me saying something like that to him and his brother, in reference to their toy messes!! HILARIOUS! And he's got a point...they tore it up a LONG time ago, and it's still a dirty mess with cones all around it! He was on a roll this morning. As I turned on the CD in the car, he was frustrated that I'd forgotten yet again to make a new cd with some new songs on it. So he told me that maybe I should do that first thing when I got home so that I'd quit forgetting to do it! : ) So I came home and did that while Zach watched 'the magician'. After preschool we headed out to lunch with dad, since dad's stomach was finally on the mend. And big ol surprise here, the boys picked KFC! After lunch we headed over to Demeyer park. They played their little hearts out...swinging, chasing, playing, climbing trees, racing on the 'motorcycles'...and we got to see a turtle that was hanging out in the pond. They thought there were 2 turtles in the pond...but unfortunately the one was a severely decomposed dead duck! Eeeeewwwwww!!! They were telling Casey about the turtles, and so he asked if the turtle bit them, and they disgustedly said no! It's sooooo funny when Casey messes with them and they get all bent out of shape like he's the craziest person to ever inhabit the earth! I love all 3 of them so much! As we came home from the park the boys excitedly ran to check the mail to see if their caterpillars had arrived....and they finally had! Just like Christmas morning!!! We are now the proud owners of 5 caterpillars that should be beautiful butterflies in about 2 weeks! I'm not sure who has watched them more, me or the boys, but it may be me! Such interesting little things...and I'm not really into creepy or crawly...and quite frankly, they are a little of both! : ) I was reading my friend's blog post today. I really enjoy the stuff that he writes, and today he started what will be an ongoing thing for his now 4 month old twin daughters, a list of lessons he wants them to learn. Some are just simple phrases/sentences. Some are more elaborate concepts/paragraphs. I think he may be onto something, and I think I may need to start keeping a journal of these lessons, on paper, for my boys. The things I learned from my very wise mother...and the funny, strange things my dad always says (that my husband finds very odd)...the things I've learned myself, especially those that I've learned the hard way (which is unfortunately NUMEROUS). On facebook they are doing a thing for mother's day where you change your profile pic to one of your mom. So I did. And now I cannot for the life of me stop thinking about her today...not that that's a bad thing! And then while I was cleaning up the kitchen, the iphone was on shuffle, and Wind Beneath my Wings came on... so strange given that she is so present in my mind today. So I had to take a moment through the tears to find the video and post it on my facebook page. Oh how I miss her, and what I wouldn't give for just one more day with her! I really hope my father in law is cancer free now, because even though it has been almost 11 years, I'm not ready to go through that again, even though he's not my dad. Anyways, must get back to the preparations for the Fiesta at Casa de Coltrin this Saturday! I'm getting all giddy about it! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having parties!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment