Slept even worse than I had Saturday night...my throat was killing me, and I was loosing my voice! I woke up feeling terrible from not sleeping, with this very sore throat, and this terrible feeling that I had to call off the playdate! I was so looking forward to some baby time, even if she was screaming and crying the whole time...and to the boys having a playdate! But I figured that Elena had enough to deal with, and didn't need sick kids to top off the colic, so I cancelled the playdate. : ( After lunch we headed out to Target to get a bunch of little stuff for the house. I remembered that Casey and I had talked about getting him a helmet to wear when he's riding his scooter...he's getting really fast, and getting better about balance, but he's still a clutz with that thing. So we got him a helmet. That kid has a big ol' noggin...he's wearing the size for 8 years and up, with adult being the next step up! They both decided to spend $4 of their chore money on new monster trucks...I'm glad they didn't have enough for more Star Wars figures...mom is ready for a break from Star Wars! ; ) So of course they had to come home and try the new helmet...he's getting really good on that scooter...even balancing with both feet on it for much longer periods of time! Growing up too fast for his mom's own good! And Zach managed to peddle his tricycle all the way around BOTH culdesacs! Normally he stops and walks at some point before we even get to the second one! It's fun to watch the transformation! He even made a point of making sure that I stayed 'way back', so that I wasn't tempted to push him!! The boys came home and played outside for quite awhile. They played basketball, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and even pirates! I asked what all the stuff under their slide was for, and I was informed that Zachary was pretending to be Captain Hook, and that was his treasure! I love their imaginations, and their ability to play so well together, outside, with little supervision!! Casey's dad had his surgery. The surgeon thinks they got all of the cancer, but to be sure they removed a few of his lymph nodes and sent those to pathology. If they do have cancer in them then he'll have to undergo radiation after a month of healing from the surgery. I'm hoping that they're cancer free, because then so is he!!! It could take a couple of weeks to get the results back, but they're hoping the report will be available for his post op appointment on the 12th. He did well with the surgery...thankful that he's a healthy, tough, guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment