Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thursday, May 12th



It was a very nice day!!! We started the day off with a fabulous time at swim lessons. It was safety day, so they did everything in life jackets, and the boys thought it was super cool! Only Zach forgot to ask permission to get into the pool because he was so stinking excited about his new swim trunks, and was dying to tell and show Coach Amber the new trunks! After lunch we headed over to Tully Park for some fun in the sun! Lucas is always smitten with the older kids at the park, and today showed me one of the lovely (heavily laced with sarcasm) tricks he'd learned from the big kids...he went down the tunnel slide, on the OUTSIDE of the slide. Not really a big deal except for the fact that the kid is a clutz, and his little brother loves to do whatever he does. I'm sure the days until our first broken bone are numbered! : ) They played for a very long time at the park. There was a group of big kids there, and they were all playing so nicely together. I must admit, I normally cringe when I see a herd of big kids at the park because they usually don't look out for the little guys...but they proved my stereotype to be wrong...just this one time! We came home and of course the boys were not in any hurry to go inside yet, and after playing out in the back yard for awhile they conned me into setting up their pool for them. It was a bit too cold, but oh my gosh did they ever have fun!! I wish all days could be this much fun for them...it was an absolutely perfect day! And to top it all off, when we got home, we got the news from my father in law that he is cancer free!!!!! The margins around the prostate were clear, and the lymph node was clear as well! Hallelujah!!!!! I guess some score for the cancer was high, so they'll watch him closely for awhile...but at least there isn't any need for chemo or radiation at this point! Casey took lunch with him to work so that he could attend a Fidelity investment seminar. It was mostly a waste of his time. He figures that we need 2.3 million to retire and live our current lifestyle. The good news is that he'll let me retire once we reach this amount. The bad news is that we need another 2 million to hit that mark, and that means I'll be working until the day I die, the way that I blow through the money!!!! Oh well, at least I have a goal to shoot for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment