Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Tuesday, May 17th
Got some ME time this morning!!! The boys went over to play with Grandma and Grandpa for a little while. I headed home and motivated myself to go for a run while the sun was shining, and it wasn't blazing hot outside! I even pushed myself to pick up the pace for awhile. I managed to push to a 9 min/mile pace for between a quarter and half a mile. My second mile was 11:40 min/mile pace average, and my overall average was 12:23...yay me!! I'm proud of myself for even getting out there and doing it. I'm still in allergy hell, and learning to breathe through the snot, and all of the crap that's in the air right now...but it sure beats the boredom of running on the treadmill! I'd really like to find a friend that runs at about the same pace as me, because I know it would help me run a little faster, and break up the monotony...but I'm scared too, because I don't like someone else pushing me to do something! After lunch with the hubby I decided that instead of going to get my allergy shots I'd go to the Swim and Run shop and find a new tank top and skort to entice me for Sunday's long run (I'm going to try for 10 miles on Sunday). I found a cute tank top with a media pocket in the back, and a cute skort that were both on sale. And I also bought a new pair of running socks...holy cow batman, 10 bucks for one pair of socks....they'd better be worth it! I picked up the boys and we decided that Jullion park was in order on the way home from Grandma's. And while pushing Zach on the swing I came up with the brilliant idea (if I do say so myself) to get drinks from Sonic on the way home. Zach and I had lemonade (and it was happy hour, so they were super cheap), and Lucas had a rootbeer float that I had them blend for him. Simple things like the park and Sonic make them oh so happy! And when the boys are so happy, my heart is oh so happy as well!!!! And then, just in case I thought my day couldn't get any better, I had dinner with my friend Mindi! I had promised her dinner last year, as part of her graduation gift. And then she went to Ireland for part of her master's program, we went on vacation, I started up my scrapbooking business, the holidays came and went, she went to Pittsburgh, and life was just too busy for us to get our schedules in alignment...so one year later, to celebrate the one year anniversary of her graduation, we had dinner at Johnny Carino's. It was SOOOOOOO GOOD catching up with her! We managed to sit and talk for over 3 hours!! We had so much fun together in high school, almost 20 years ago...it seriously makes me wonder how it's possible for 2 friends to drift apart for the better part of 20 years, and then reaquaint through the miracle of facebook, and pick up like it was just yesterday! I am seriously blessed with great friends, and great family! I seriously love my life...except for that part time gig as a pharmacist at that crappy place I call work. I really need to get my spending in check so that I can quit that gig...my life would seriously be perfect if I could! As for Mindi and I, we've already booked our next date in August, after she goes to Ireland again, and I have my disney experience! Cannot wait!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment