Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Monday, May 23rd

Dropped the boys off at preschool/daycare. Headed over to get the ol' allergy shots. Thankfully I remembered to take my allergy meds this time, because my allergies are so terrible that I was in desperate need of my shots! As I sat waiting for the nurse to come give me the shots I decided that today was the day, I needed an anaphylactic reaction so that I wouldn't have to be at work!! How terrible is that, that I'd rather have anaphylaxis than suffer through 8 hours of hell?!? Sad, but unfortunately true! I told Cassie what I was thinking, but she said she wasn't in the mood for anaphylaxis, so I wasn't allowed! And of course nothing happened!! The good news is that meant I got to have my massage! I told Maire about all of the tension in my shoulders, and the corresponding headaches I've been having lately. She talked me into trying the cupping technique. I was scared...it involves flames! But other than the big ol' hickies on my back, which my kids think are way cool, I wouldn't know she did it! It didn't hurt at all! And I think it really did work! Too bad for her that she sees me next the Monday after I run my half marathon! Maybe I won't be in as dire straits as I was this time! My calves were so stinking tight, and the tendons in my feet! The hubby treated me to Taco del Mar for lunch. I love their 320 calorie burrito, it puts me in the right frame of mind for a shift where I may or may not get to eat! Work was drama, drama, drama with all of the stupid cuts in tech hours, my most dreaded patient calling and telling me to screw myself, the old lady who you would've thought I was killing when she was just getting her blood pressure taken, the lady who was pissed because I couldn't tell her if we carried a product anymore...mind you she didn't even know what the freaking name of it was...and so on! And those were just the highlights! Couldn't sleep again for the life of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment