Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Saturday, May 14th

Making mud pies in the planter

Decided that since the weather was going to be questionable on Sunday, I'd move up the long run to today. I really needed to pull off an 8 mile run since I hadn't been running much of late. So I mapped it out, just a little over 8 miles, and off I went. I had to take my waterproof jacket just in case since it looked like it could rain at any given second! I didn't get wet though, and the sun came out in full force around mile 6, those last 2 miles I thought I was going to die from the heat... it was close to 80 degrees out there! Because of all the cloud cover during the beginning of my run, the darn gps malfunctioned and screwed me out of 0.6 miles of my run! I had to come home and remap it to see how far I really went. So I ended up pounding out 8.4 miles, and didn't bother with stopping the gps/timer at stoplights, so I had a 13 min/34 sec per mile average. Not bad considering I'm in allergy hell, hadn't done the midweek runs at all, and hadn't run more than 3 miles in the 3 weeks prior to that! And I had some excitement...there were two young boys, about 10-11 years old, riding their bikes on the sidewalk on Fivemile, side by side. The one closest to me told me to move, so I pointed and said that's what the bike lane is for...the little shit spit at me! Lucky for him it didn't hit me, and lucky for him my hubby wasn't with me, or he'd have gone home injured! And since there were 2 of them I didn't do anything, just pretended that I didn't notice, and kept on running. After rehydrating with a protein shake (chocolate, banana) and some lunch, we headed out to do yard work. I worked out front with the flower beds and shrubs in the one large one right in front of the house. I was sooooo excited because I got to an area of the yard that has gone untouched for the 5+ years we've been in this house! And after Casey was done with the lawn we started setting up the new gazebo! I can't wait to see the finished product! But we had to stop because a big ol' storm was rolling in, and we were both exhausted. To keep the boys entertained while we worked on the gazebo we set up the pool for them again. They still had their water gun fights today, but their main focus was on making mud pies in the one raised planter! They are such boys!!! My Uncle Byron and Aunt Darcie stopped by for a quick visit. She did the Couch to 5k program, and has lost a ton of weight and looked great!!!! She had also done her first 5k that morning at the Great Potato race. I remember doing my first 5k a year ago at Race for the Cure. I told her that she should train for a half marathon and we could do one together next year...she now thinks I'm crazy! Exhausted and sunburnt from running and doing yard work we made the executive decision to order pizza! Oh how I love Papa John's pizza and their amazing parmesan/garlic breadsticks!!!! Thank goodness I went for my long run that morning!!! After dinner we watched the movie The International...meh...thank goodness I screwed around on the computer, updated the blog a little, and ordered my new headphones. Casey liked it ok, but I wasn't impressed. I can't wait to get my new headphones. I must have small ear canals, so I've never yet found a pair of headphones that will stay in my ear well, without me having to push them back in repeatedly during my run. They say that the unique shape of these will keep them in place, GUARANTEED! They'd better for $50!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment