Friday, May 6, 2011

Ready to partay!







Dropped the boys off at daycare this morning and headed out to the grocery store with the big ol' list. It's wonderful shopping in the peace of the morning...without the kiddos!!!! The clerk told me to have a good day, and when I returned to start bagging my stuff, the old man on the other side of me said he was sure that there was no way I wouldn't have a good one...referring to the cart full of alcohol! : ) What can I say, my friends are lushes! : ) After putting the groceries away I took inventory of the fiesta decorations and party supplies. I was amazed that I had enough of everything that I didn't need to make a trip to Zurchers. That made the hubby VERY happy because Zurchers is my $100 store, everytime I go in there!!! And I made the hubby even happier when I reported that my total expenditure for the party was less than $150 this time!!!!! I'm quite sure that's the cheapest party I've ever had!! I still have a lot of food and alcohol, but I've scaled it down considerably from past experience! (Now watch, way more people will come than rsvp'd...that'd be just my luck...oh well, at least stuff won't go to waste that way!) I got a bunch of cleaning, and straightening up done, and promised the boys I'd get them early to either go to the zoo playdate, or to just come home. I'm still in allergy hell, so I decided that I didn't need to be outside for an hour or more at the zoo to further aggravate the allergies. They amazingly didn't want to play outside when they got home...they wanted to watch a movie...Toy Story was the choice of the day. I did some more cleaning and party prep while they watched their movie. Then it was time to be silly with the sombrero...thus our photo shoot op for the day! And OMG, they were hilarious! I love those boys!!! I also got some more pics of the caterpillars, that are all the very hungry one...holy crap they're getting big! But I guess when you're only a caterpillar for a couple of weeks you've gotta make the best of it! : ) I don't know how they're going to hold those fat little bodies on the top of the container to form a chrysallis! I'm totally intrigued by this...ashamed to admit that mom is benefitting from this little experiment more than her boys! : ) Dinner was at Chili's tonight. I was seriously amazed at how much both boys ate...they are like the caterpillars right now...eating a ton, and growing a ton. Thank goodness for Kohl's and cheap kid's clothes!!!!! I've got more to get done, so I'd better get off here and get to it! Hoping my freaking allergies cooperate and let me zumba early tomorrow morning, and let me go for a couple of hours without blowing my darn nose every 5 seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment