Happy Mother's Day! Still a very bittersweet holiday for me! I miss my mom so very much, but I'm so proud to be a mom to my sweet little men! And while I had to start the day without them, I was oh so happy to be able to sleep in until 9:30 that morning!!!! Grandma was going to bring the boys home after she took them to church with her. So that gave me lots of time to get things cleaned up from the party. I had gotten as much of the rest of the house cleaned on Saturday so that I had as little cleaning as possible to do on Mother's day!!!!! I got my cards from Casey and the boys, and I had already received my shoes and new bras earlier in the month. Lucas came home with a 'flower' that he'd made for me at church. The card said, My mom is ....., and he got to fill in the blank, he chose the word 'pretty'. Fills my heart with joy every time he tells me that he loves me, or gives me a kiss or a hug....it absolutely warmed my heart to think that my boy thinks his mom is pretty! My favorite mother's day card thus far!! I decided that I didn't want to cook on this mother's day. So the boy's treated me to dinner at Casa Mexico! Imagine that, I picked Mexican food for my choice of meals! Got a cute pic of me and the boys at dinner, even one with funny faces for all of us! I did decide that after all of the extra calories I'd had Saturday at the fiesta, and then at dinner, I HAD to go for a run! So after the boys went to bed, I headed out for a quick run before the sun went down. I did 3.3 miles, at 13 min/mile. Could've been faster, but oh no, I was the fountain of snot! Probably offended a lot of people that were driving past me as I ran because I kept spitting out copious amounts of snot. The only good news is that I forced myself to run the entire time, and since it was the first time in 3 weeks that I'd gotten out to run, I felt it was an accomplishment! A very Happy Mother's Day indeed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment