Today was an awesome day! I managed to avoid grocery shopping, but it does have to be done tomorrow...
We ventured up to the train depot in Horseshoe Bend, and boarded the Polar Express! We took an hour train ride up to the 'North Pole'. The boys got to see Santa and Mrs Claus, and I got some adorable photos of them with Santa. They also got to sit in his sleigh, and see his workshop where all the toys are made! It was Casey's first train ride, as well as the boys. I rode on 8444 when I was a child, but we all know that has been more than just a few years ago. I think we reached a top speed of about 10 mph, but the view of the river below with snow all around us, and big ol' ice chunks flowing downstream made for some beautiful scenery! It made me think back to the days before kids when Pete and Misty would bust out the raft and we'd take a leisurely, beer filled, float down that same stretch of river! Ahhh, those were the days!!
Came home, put the exhausted children to bed, and watched the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth. Meh....not terrible, not great! I did get all of the presents for Christmas wrapped, other than a few for the hubby, which didn't get wrapped for obvious reasons!
It has been a fabulous birthday weekend thus far, can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for me! : )
We ventured up to the train depot in Horseshoe Bend, and boarded the Polar Express! We took an hour train ride up to the 'North Pole'. The boys got to see Santa and Mrs Claus, and I got some adorable photos of them with Santa. They also got to sit in his sleigh, and see his workshop where all the toys are made! It was Casey's first train ride, as well as the boys. I rode on 8444 when I was a child, but we all know that has been more than just a few years ago. I think we reached a top speed of about 10 mph, but the view of the river below with snow all around us, and big ol' ice chunks flowing downstream made for some beautiful scenery! It made me think back to the days before kids when Pete and Misty would bust out the raft and we'd take a leisurely, beer filled, float down that same stretch of river! Ahhh, those were the days!!
Came home, put the exhausted children to bed, and watched the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth. Meh....not terrible, not great! I did get all of the presents for Christmas wrapped, other than a few for the hubby, which didn't get wrapped for obvious reasons!
It has been a fabulous birthday weekend thus far, can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for me! : )



No comments:
Post a Comment