After dropping Lucas off at preschool, my little big helper man, Zach, and I tackled some more Christmas shopping. I'm feeling better today, FINALLY, and with that comes a desire to get a million and a half things done.
I did take a moment this morning to observe the Christmas spirit, and the magic of the season through my children's eyes. We have 2 things that we use to countdown to Christmas. The first is a reindeer advent wall hanging. There are 24 pockets, filled with a dime for each boy. Each morning they get to retrieve their dime and deposit it in their piggy bank. And then they get to take turns with the advent Christmas tree. This is the tree that is decorated solely by my children! There is a drawer for each day, starting December 1st. In each drawer is an ornament. They get to hang the ornament on the tree each and every morning. They are both so ecstatic about it this year, and they really look forward to seeing what kind of ornament is in the drawer each morning. So today's picture is of Zach, removing an ornament from the drawer. Coincidentally, it's an ornament this morning...purple no less (which is Lucas' favorite color)...we shall see what tomorrow brings!
Back to the Christmas card business while the boys are watching the Princess and the Frog and having snacks! Off to a CE tonight...since I did the immunization class this past summer, I only have 1 law credit left to do...I'm quite sure that I've never had my CE credits finished before the beginning of the new year, especially since they aren't due until June 30th! : )
Until tomorrow!
I did take a moment this morning to observe the Christmas spirit, and the magic of the season through my children's eyes. We have 2 things that we use to countdown to Christmas. The first is a reindeer advent wall hanging. There are 24 pockets, filled with a dime for each boy. Each morning they get to retrieve their dime and deposit it in their piggy bank. And then they get to take turns with the advent Christmas tree. This is the tree that is decorated solely by my children! There is a drawer for each day, starting December 1st. In each drawer is an ornament. They get to hang the ornament on the tree each and every morning. They are both so ecstatic about it this year, and they really look forward to seeing what kind of ornament is in the drawer each morning. So today's picture is of Zach, removing an ornament from the drawer. Coincidentally, it's an ornament this morning...purple no less (which is Lucas' favorite color)...we shall see what tomorrow brings!
Back to the Christmas card business while the boys are watching the Princess and the Frog and having snacks! Off to a CE tonight...since I did the immunization class this past summer, I only have 1 law credit left to do...I'm quite sure that I've never had my CE credits finished before the beginning of the new year, especially since they aren't due until June 30th! : )
Until tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment