Felt good to get outside and go for a run! I'm still recovering from the crud, so I didn't push too hard. And I was forced to walk in a couple of spots because of the snow/ice covered sidewalks. I only lost my balance once, but caught myself in time to avoid an embarrassing fall on my butt! Running is a love hate relationship for me. I LOVE how good I feel afterwards, but it's this gigantic head game that I play with myself during the actual running. I have to encourage myself with little things to trick myself into thinking that I like to run. So today's picture of the day is of me in my winter running get up. My fuzzy pink hat, my pink fleece top and my PINK gloves. A picture is worth a thousand words they say...couldn't be more true in this case. I think about these items while I'm running, and imagine that they make me run faster, etc...distracting my mind from the hatred of the actual running, distracting me from the monotony of the activity. Thank goodness for the Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Sean Kingston and Lady Gaga...for without their music pumping in my ears, I'd be hosed! The beat pushes me, and for a few seconds here and there I allow myself to get lost in the music.
Casey is home today, had an extra day off that needed to be used up before the beginning of the year. He and the kids accompanied me on my weekly grocery shopping trip. It may be a regular occurrence for a couple of weeks in January, for today we realized that I will be unable to lift a gallon of milk, and or a 12 pack of pop. I'm going to have to come up with something creative at home as well for these items so that I can get milk for my cereal and my kids, and still be able to drink my pop...lord knows that I cannot go for any length of the day without my Cherry Coke Zero! : )
Until tomorrow!
Casey is home today, had an extra day off that needed to be used up before the beginning of the year. He and the kids accompanied me on my weekly grocery shopping trip. It may be a regular occurrence for a couple of weeks in January, for today we realized that I will be unable to lift a gallon of milk, and or a 12 pack of pop. I'm going to have to come up with something creative at home as well for these items so that I can get milk for my cereal and my kids, and still be able to drink my pop...lord knows that I cannot go for any length of the day without my Cherry Coke Zero! : )
Until tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment