Way back in September I took my wedding ring in to Simmons to get it resized since I was pretty sure that I'd be able to keep the lost weight off for good. While I was there I did a little window shopping. I had bought Casey a citizen eco drive watch several years back, and Jay was wanting to get rid of all the watches that weren't swiss, so the citizen watches were all on clearance for 40% off! I fell in love with one, so Christa gladly added it to my wish list. I was conveniently going out of town to go scrapbooking with the girls in Lowman that same weekend, so I gave the hubby Christa's card with the watch info on it, and told him that once they were gone they wouldn't be getting anymore. And my hubby, being the GOOD hubby that he is, made his first mistake, and took the boys with him to Simmons that weekend and bought THE watch! ; ) He then painstakingly tried to cover his trail so that I wouldn't have any idea that he'd been such a good hubby! He had a talk with Lucas, who can't keep a secret for the life of him, and Lucas promised not to say a word! He changed the Discover card bill to paperless statements, and didn't put it in the budget spreadsheet until the end of the month, so I wouldn't see the purchase. He was very sneaky and had all the bases covered except for one...ZACH!
I returned to Simmons 2 weeks later to pick up my resized wedding ring, and Zach asks me as we're walking in the doors, 'why aren't you wearing your watch mommy?' I smile, and ask what watch he's talking about! Poor Casey...
Now I get to return to Simmons to have a few links removed from the band on my new watch...and perhaps a little more window shopping...Valentine's day is right around the corner you know! : )
Thanks babe, you know I love you!



No comments:
Post a Comment