The holiday officially began yesterday, since the hubby is now off work until January 4th. The boys absolutely love having Dad home with us all day! They built the Echo base with their Star Wars Legos from Lucas' birthday...and they are in love with them! Since Dad had a project with the boys I had to come up with one as well. For December's Scholastic book order we found a book about snow and crystals. It came with a book of facts and some cool 'science experiments', so we made 'snow' and grew crystals on a snowflake. The snow is pretty cool. It starts out as this little tiny bag of 'diaper dust' and when you add water it just grows and grows. Lucas had a ball with it, Zach wasn't so sure he liked the messy feeling on his hands, which is quite ironic given that he is by far and away the messiest member of our house! So my picture of the day for yesterday is the snow that we made.
Today, Christmas arrived a little early for me! The Fed Ex guy delivered the shipment of catalogs for CTMH. The new catalog releases to customers February 1st, but they pre ship the catalogs to consultants the end of December! I was quite skeptical that I'd like this catalog since the cover was smothered in pink and baby themes...but I LOVE it! I've already made out my wish list, and all I can say is, THANK GOD I'm a consultant!!!! I'd be in big trouble with the hubster otherwise! ; ) My picture of the day today, is of the two large boxes of catalogs...totally made my day! Plus, it's just a little bit more exciting that as a consultant you get to preview everything before all of the customers!!!
I made up the Tastefully Simple pound cake, and chocolate chip cookies to take to the Christmas celebration with the in-laws tomorrow! Oh, and my famous layered bean dip! It's a good thing that I ran to work and back to pick up Zach's prescription today! I'm proud of myself for that too! I had this 'brilliant' idea to run to my pharmacy today...2.71 miles...and then back home...another 2.71 miles! Next time I'll call it in to one of the Walgreens that's closer to home! But seriously, I ran the entire way there...and mailed the mortgage payment along the way. And I ran most of the way home too (only 2 minutes slower coming home than running there). So for the first time ever, I ran 5 miles in one trip! : ) I'm thinking that the half marathon in May isn't entirely out of the question for me now!!
While I was running today I was listening to some of my new downloads, and trying desperately to lose myself in the music, so that I wouldn't realize how far I still had to go, and to minimize the head games! Katy Perry's new song Firework is AWESOME! One of my favorite lyrics...just own the night, like the 4th of July...c'mon, show 'em what you're worth, make 'em go oh, oh, oh. I owned my run today...very proud of myself...because I didn't really think I could do that, but I tried anyways.
Hoping this is the best Christmas yet!!!!! Until tomorrow!
Today, Christmas arrived a little early for me! The Fed Ex guy delivered the shipment of catalogs for CTMH. The new catalog releases to customers February 1st, but they pre ship the catalogs to consultants the end of December! I was quite skeptical that I'd like this catalog since the cover was smothered in pink and baby themes...but I LOVE it! I've already made out my wish list, and all I can say is, THANK GOD I'm a consultant!!!! I'd be in big trouble with the hubster otherwise! ; ) My picture of the day today, is of the two large boxes of catalogs...totally made my day! Plus, it's just a little bit more exciting that as a consultant you get to preview everything before all of the customers!!!
I made up the Tastefully Simple pound cake, and chocolate chip cookies to take to the Christmas celebration with the in-laws tomorrow! Oh, and my famous layered bean dip! It's a good thing that I ran to work and back to pick up Zach's prescription today! I'm proud of myself for that too! I had this 'brilliant' idea to run to my pharmacy today...2.71 miles...and then back home...another 2.71 miles! Next time I'll call it in to one of the Walgreens that's closer to home! But seriously, I ran the entire way there...and mailed the mortgage payment along the way. And I ran most of the way home too (only 2 minutes slower coming home than running there). So for the first time ever, I ran 5 miles in one trip! : ) I'm thinking that the half marathon in May isn't entirely out of the question for me now!!
While I was running today I was listening to some of my new downloads, and trying desperately to lose myself in the music, so that I wouldn't realize how far I still had to go, and to minimize the head games! Katy Perry's new song Firework is AWESOME! One of my favorite lyrics...just own the night, like the 4th of July...c'mon, show 'em what you're worth, make 'em go oh, oh, oh. I owned my run today...very proud of myself...because I didn't really think I could do that, but I tried anyways.
Hoping this is the best Christmas yet!!!!! Until tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment