I am such a lucky girl...wonderful hubby, 2 adorable, sweet boys, a nice home, many wonderful friends and family...and we got completely spoiled at the in-laws today! Doug and Trin, our family, and Casey's parents had our Christmas celebration today. Lots of gifts, food and fun were had by all! The boys have new games for the Wii, including light sabres that hold the remotes for one of the Star Wars games, which they think is the best thing ever! Casey got a kindle. I got ZUMBA clothes...a super cute tank top, jacket and cargo pants...exactly what I asked for!! Trin LOVED the sake set that Casey picked out for her. Doug loved his extra large beer glass (that holds 5 beers in one glass) and his bomb shaped shot glass. Grandma got pictures for her frames, one of which is a scrapbooked page with pictures. She also got a really cool new laptop, that totally surprised her! Grandpa got a wireless router and a very nice looking Harley Davidson jacket! Trin also got a PS3 with some singing and dancing games...she is totally a kid at heart, so Christmas with her is always a blast!!!!
We ate waaaaayyyyyy too much! But it was fun to chat with everyone. Grandma had us go around the room and tell about our favorite Christmas memory. It was fun to listen to what everyone had to say. Lucas shared a story too, about the Little Einstein's globe that he got last year, that broke VERY shortly after Christmas. It's fun that he wants to join in the conversation, and even more fun to hear the stuff that comes out of his mouth! I love that kid!!!!
I love the holidays, spending time with the family and not being in a hurry to go somewhere or do something, just sitting around chatting and eating is so much fun! Makes me miss my mom, but I know she's here with us in spirit...this is my 11th Christmas without her. Always hoping it will get easier, but it never really does! She always made the holidays so much fun, even though we didn't have money for more than a small gift for each of us kids. I can only hope that I bring at least half as much fun to the holidays for my boys!
I took like a 100 pictures of the festivities today. Including our new tradition of Christmas Eve pajamas. I think my picture of the day shall be the boys in their new Star Wars Lego jammies... they look adorable, but even more so because Zach is giving brother a hug! LOVE them to pieces! We made sure to set out cookies and milk for Santa, carrots for his reindeer, and the pictures the boys drew for him. Lucas drew a smiley face, that is his face. Zach scribbled a bunch with several different colors, but it's what he wanted for Santa (it's the thought and the effort behind it that counts, right?). Lucas and I sprinkled reindeer dust (oatmeal and glitter) out in the snow on the front lawn to attract the reindeer...or more likely the squirrels that frequent the trees in our front yard. I love starting new traditions with them, and continuing on with the others. Hoping that they find them fun and worthwhile enough to carry on with them next year too, and for many years to come!
I hope that all of my friends and family have someone special to share their holiday with! Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!
We ate waaaaayyyyyy too much! But it was fun to chat with everyone. Grandma had us go around the room and tell about our favorite Christmas memory. It was fun to listen to what everyone had to say. Lucas shared a story too, about the Little Einstein's globe that he got last year, that broke VERY shortly after Christmas. It's fun that he wants to join in the conversation, and even more fun to hear the stuff that comes out of his mouth! I love that kid!!!!
I love the holidays, spending time with the family and not being in a hurry to go somewhere or do something, just sitting around chatting and eating is so much fun! Makes me miss my mom, but I know she's here with us in spirit...this is my 11th Christmas without her. Always hoping it will get easier, but it never really does! She always made the holidays so much fun, even though we didn't have money for more than a small gift for each of us kids. I can only hope that I bring at least half as much fun to the holidays for my boys!
I took like a 100 pictures of the festivities today. Including our new tradition of Christmas Eve pajamas. I think my picture of the day shall be the boys in their new Star Wars Lego jammies... they look adorable, but even more so because Zach is giving brother a hug! LOVE them to pieces! We made sure to set out cookies and milk for Santa, carrots for his reindeer, and the pictures the boys drew for him. Lucas drew a smiley face, that is his face. Zach scribbled a bunch with several different colors, but it's what he wanted for Santa (it's the thought and the effort behind it that counts, right?). Lucas and I sprinkled reindeer dust (oatmeal and glitter) out in the snow on the front lawn to attract the reindeer...or more likely the squirrels that frequent the trees in our front yard. I love starting new traditions with them, and continuing on with the others. Hoping that they find them fun and worthwhile enough to carry on with them next year too, and for many years to come!
I hope that all of my friends and family have someone special to share their holiday with! Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!



No comments:
Post a Comment