The BIG egg hunt down at the Fairgrounds. Had planned on getting there early to help set up. BUT, the power went off some time in the middle of the night, and it was the one day where the kids actually slept in until 8am! We did make it in plenty of time for the hunt though. They had all kinds of fun stuff for the kids...the easter bunny, the smoke house, a fire truck, an ambulance, arts and crafts, and a chance to win some cool prizes. We came home and had some lunch, then it was time to get serious since I had the family coming over for dinner the next day. I got to go grocery shopping, and Casey entertained the boys with some much needed lawn mowing. They have so much fun 'helping' dad and I with the yard work this year...they're pretty cute! Casey and I watched the movie Red after the boys went to bed. And half through the movie I remembered that I needed to get the Easter baskets and eggs ready for the morning festivities! So I got the pleasure of stuffing about 5 dozen eggs, and then got to hide them. Lucas got such a kick out of the fact that the eb was in his room hiding eggs while he slept last year that I did it in both boys rooms, as well as our bedroom this year. I've always loved the holidays, but I truly love them 1000 times more since I've got kids that can get into the holiday spirit! Their enthusiasm is oh so contagious!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment