Monday, April 25, 2011

Saturday, April 9th

Date night, dinner at Cool Hand Luke's

Hooray! The hubby is finally as old as I am!!!!! He doesn't let me forget that whole 3 and 1/2 months that I'm older than him! I ran out of time to take the kids to get him a birthday card. So I pretended to be them, and picked out this Star Wars card with Yoda on it, his light sabre lit up and made noise when you pushed the button. The kids LOVED the card they gave daddy, and dad agreed that I couldn't have picked a more fitting card from my boys to him. They are currently Satr Wars fanatics!!!! After breakfast (Krispy Kreme donuts) we headed over to Kohl's and got some new shirts for Lucas, and Zach begged for 'just one, mommy, pleeeeeeeeease', so of course I gave in! And then we headed across the parking lot and traded in some games, and got dad the new Donkey Kong Country Returns game for the Wii. While I snuck out to go check out the new stage, and zumba in the gym at the Y, they had something to entertain them!! After zumba was the highly anticipated pick up for the Bountiful Basket. I got corn, lettuce, chayote squash, celery, tomatoes, cantalope, apples, oranges, strawberries, blueberries an what we thought were bananas, but were really plantains (disgusting...we found out the hard way that they are not intended to be eaten raw). After an afternoon of the kids fighting constantly we were happy to turn them over to the babysitters for a date night. Off to Cool Hand Luke's in Eagle for a double date with Pete and Misty. We got there a bit early so we decided to check out Erickson's selection of beer. I found a raspberry beer to try, and Casey found a few for him as well. Good thing we called ahead and got on the list, we found out when we got there that it was prom night for Eagle High School! Dinner was fabulous...I even surprised Casey by eating almost my entire prime rib! After dinner we headed back to Pete and Misty's house for a rousing game of rummy, which we refer to as 'F... your neighbor'. Misty was the big winner that night, the rest of us might as well have been playing pinochle and shooting for the moon! : ) And of course we can't play that game without harassing Joe since he's in Seattle and couldn't be there to play with us. It was a fun birthday for the hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment