Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday, April 28th

Lucas attempting to fly his mini kite at the school behind our house

Some of my beautiful tulips



We woke up to a grumpy whiney Zach again this morning. He had about a 1/4 of his glass of milk and maybe that much of his breakfast bar, and he puked. So I decided that day 5 of this is long enough to not know what the heck is going on with this kid, and I took him to the doctor. Dr Bateman was out so we saw one of his colleagues, and Zach was not really into that, even though Dr Jordan was a very nice guy! He said that Zach's throat and tonsils were fine, no ear infection, his urine had a lot of ketones in it and was very concentrated (to be expected given his history of 5 days of this crap) but no signs of infection there, and he ruled out antibiotic induced c diff colitis from the azithromycin he'd had last week for his bronchitis. So his official diagnosis, prolonged viral gastroenteritis. Good news that it wasn't something horrible....bad news that we have no idea what's really causing this, nor when it will end! His butt is raw from the diarrhea, and obviously hurts badly since he wants me to put diaper cream on it. My poor little man!!!!!!! Had to cancel swim lessons today since I don't want to pay the cost of cleaning up puke from the pool...and/or diarrhea! Lucas is driving me absolutely insane because he's been cooped up in the house too much these past several days with mom and brother being ill. So tonight after dinner I took him back to the school (in front of our dining room windows, so dad and brother could watch) and had him try out his mini kite. The wind had been howling so I thought it would be perfect weather for it, but alas, the wind wasn't constant, and he's not good enough to keep it going! But he ran up and down the length of the school several times trying to get it going good... and more importantly, he had a lot of fun trying! Can't wait to do it again when Zach is feeling better and can try too!! I noticed as we were coming home from the doctor's office this morning how beautiful my tulips are this year. Not sure if it's a combination of all the precip we've had and the mild/cold temps....or what it is....but they are BEAUTIFUL! I had to take a moment to smell the tulips and grab a few pics of them as well. Hard to believe I was enjoying photographing something so much when it wasn't my kids or some big event! ; ) And my biggest accomplishment of the day...the blog is FINALLY caught up!!!!!!! I'm going to kick myself in the butt if I let myself get this far behind again! Afterall, what is a journal if there aren't any entries in it!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment