Saturday, April 16, 2011
Saturday, April 2nd
Not such a good Saturday! Started the day off right with an awesome group kick class at the Y. And since I had an hour to kill before zumba I decided to come home and chill until zumba, and it's a good thing that I did. Casey's dad had called and decided to stop by...which meant that the biopsy results were in, and probably weren't good. Sure enough, it's prostate cancer this time. But that's about the only thing that was a for sure at that point. They'd know more after the bone scan and CT scan on Tuesday, and then those results would be in on the 14th...which is an eternity away. It's one of those things that sucks on so many levels! I mean, we're all born knowing that we won't live forever, that we'll all eventually die, and how long you get between birth and death is different for everyone. But once you get that diagnosis of cancer, it's more eminent, and a death sentence. And after having battled it once with my mom, even though it was under completely different circumstances, and not my parent, I'm not sure I'm ready for this again. My father in law is a very strong man, with a very capable and loving spouse...but I'm not ready for my husband to have to experience the hurt of losing a parent (whether we get 5, 10 or 20 more years). Oh how I hate that darn C word!!!! I was glad that I had decided to go back to zumba...to get it off my chest and out of my thoughts, to just process. My zumba girls are chicken soup for my soul, as is the class. So I as feeling much better by the time I got home. Casey and I decided to watch the movie Date Night after the boys went to bed...pretty darn funny! And just what our spirits needed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment