Zach woke up running around and looking like he was back to 100%! Woohoo...or so I thought! We dropped Lucas off at school, and then headed over to Target. The boys and I all got new sandals, and the boys got some new swim trunks. We were running critically low on bubbles so we bought the biggest jug that I could find! Then we made a Costco run. Brought everything home and put stuff in the freezer and fridge, and left to go get Lucas from school. I had just put gas in the car at Costco. And I came up with this totally random idea to head down to see Shoshone Falls on Thursday after swim lessons. I called Casey to see what he thought, and since he wasn't exactly dying to go (after growing up in Jerome and having seen the falls a million times) he was fine if I wanted to do it. Lucas asked if we could go now instead of waiting until tomorrow, so I called Casey back and informed him of the change in plans. I located the portable dvd players and put them in the car, grabbed some snacks for the return trip, and we left right after lunch! We had to make a stop in Mountain Home for Zach to poop, but he seemed fine, so onward we went. The falls were absolutely beautiful, and noisy to boot. Lucas had been asking me if there would be people waiting to ride over the falls, and if we could. Zach thought it sounded fun...and then they saw the falls! Lucas told me to be careful when I walked up to the railing of the fence to take a picture. He wanted to make sure that I'd never get my camera back if it fell down! Haha!! We didn't stay too long as Zach was starting to get really whiney. I figured he needed a nap, and the car ride home would be perfect timing. We made a slight detour in Jerome to see the house where daddy grew up, which Lucas thought was way cool. Only he didn't understand why he didn't get to see more of it. I told him that there were other people living there now, and they wouldn't want us to ring the doorbell and ask to see the inside of the house where daddy grew up...he still doesn't understand why that isn't polite! Zach could've cared less, but he was so tired and cranky at that point. We headed back down the road and Zach finally decided to sleep when he hit the off ramp at the mall. So he got about 15 minutes of nap, since we hit Boise straight up 5 o'clock and rush hour traffic. We weren't even home 5 minutes, and as I was taking sleepy, cranky boy's shoes off he puked all over me and the floor. Arghhhhhh!!! Here we go again!!!! He crashed on the blankets at the side of the couch, Casey cooked dinner, and I got to clean up the mess. After dinner Casey and Lucas headed outside to water the sod where the construction had torn up a part of our lawn. Zach perked up and decided to go out and play with dad and brother. He was out there having a grand old time playing with bubbles and such. That kid loves to keep me guessing as to what he's up to. The boys also got their first real shower tonight. Lucas has decided that it's time to learn how to shower, so that means that they both get to learn how to shower! Lucas should be good to go on his own here after a few more times with my help. Zach on the other hand...it shall be awhile!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment