Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wednesday, March 23rd

As we sat in the parking lot at the preschool, waiting to drop Lucas off, I noticed that the check engine light had come on in the car. Took it down to the shop, and had Casey meet me there. It was due for an oil change too, but it's such an inconvenience to change your plans for the day in the middle of the morning!! Turned out not to be anything serious....he wants me to wait until the light comes on again to replace the sensor. And since they have to tear it apart to do that, they might as well do the super expensive 70,000 mile maintenance which includes replacing the timing belt and water pump, at the same time to save some money on labor. So of course, it increases my NEED/DESIRE for a new car! Home to do some research, but alas, I wasn't able to con the hubby into a new car yet...since I still owe a new Chevy Traverse worth of student loans! Too bad I insisted on partying and having so much fun in pharmacy school, that I'm still paying for it, 8 years after graduation!!!! Papa Ron and Grandma Mar came by for a quick visit on their way home from a doctor's appointment downtown. The boys were so happy to see them, even if only briefly! And Lucas fell in love with Papa's new car...a 1956 Chevy Nomad wagon. It's purple and black, and Lucas has decided it's not too loud, unlike the T bucket! He can't wait to go for a ride in it with Papa! They had found a couple of t-shirts for the boys, and they couldn't have been more fitting! Zach's says 'little stinker' and Lucas' shirt says, 'let's face it, I'm in charge'....nuf said!!

No comments:

Post a Comment