Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sunday, April 3rd

Decided that I need to get my butt in gear with this half marathon training, and I'm failing miserably just because I hate running on the treadmill. So I mapped out how long it is from the McDonald's at the bottom of the hill at Glenwood/Chinden to home. 3.6 miles if I came home down Goddard and Edna. 4.8 miles if I back track to McMillan and down to Cloverdale. I was REALLY sore from doing both kick and zumba the day before, but I was sure I could still pull it off. Casey dropped me off after we dropped the kids off at Grandma's church. It's a good thing that he drove off and left me there, as we'd agreed. I hiked up that damn hill, and by the time I reached the other side of Capitol High School I was ready to call and beg him to come get my sorry unable to run butt!! My hamstrings were burning sooooo bad, and I was running against a head wind. It was cold and miserable. I'd forgotten to take my allergy meds, and I was so full of snot I felt like I couldn't breathe. I'd pretty much sabotaged myself. But I remember reading in the trainers notes that it didn't matter whether I walked it or ran it, just going the distance would help increase my endurance. So I walked home. But I walked the shorter route, and as fast as I could push myself, so I ended up with a 15 minute mile. Not bad given the above...but much worse than what I'd intended to accomplish. After the kids got home from church we headed out to the grocery store, and the darn check engine light came back on in the car. That means I have to get it back in and get the darn sensor replaced. And to save a little in labor costs, they were just going to do the 70,000 mile maintenance which included replacing the timing belt and water pump...to the tune of $1000. But like Casey said, whether it's now or in a few months, there's never a good time to repair your car when it's going to cost that much!!! After the grocery store I came home and decorated for Easter. The boys have so much stinking fun helping me decorate the house for the holidays. I found another 6 dozen eggs that we've collected from egg hunts over the past couple of years, so I stuffed those as well, to donate for the big hunt. Casey headed over to Ryan's for Wrestlemania, and I spent the evening with my little men. Since they had their Easter baskets and plastic eggs out, they insisted on doing a million egg hunts that evening...but once again, they were having so much fun that I just didn't have it in me to deny them another million egg hunts!!!! I was totally jealous that I didn't get to watch Wrestlemania though. Stone Cold was a guest referee, and the Rock is back! So was Trish Stratus. Oh well, there's always next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment